Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 2 of 6

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:32 am
Great shots Graham :-),

Did you have to twist his arm or take his lunch hostage to get him to do this?

Tessa has got here two favourite Smurfs glued or the monitor at work (otherwise they would 'disappear') and had several collegues show up with a few oldies from the attic after the story why she had the SMurfs came out.

As I work at home I am only a few feet away from the Smurf room while 'working'

Did anybody know that there are dozens of US Air Force pilots taking Smurfs to work every day? As soon as Tessa comes back from the city today with my small camera I will post how they do this.

Dennis.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:35 am
:shock: Really Dennis ? :) :)

Please post pictures when you can, that sounds excellent :D

Nice one American pilots ! Who gave them the smurfs ? Could it be Dennis i wonder ? 8-) 8-)

:-D :beer:

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:43 am
It aren't the real PVC as I guess that won't be allowed. You wouldn't want to have black angry Smurf be stuck in the throttle section and litterally speed up things a bit :banghead:

I do not know how long this has been a tradition, but it is all about the nickname of one of the USAF's small trainer jets, flown by students (and instructorsof course). Due to the jets color, a darkish blue/green/grey nowadays and the fact the students are 'young' it became Smurf jets. But I'll show how they keep this alive later.
Most likely a name given in disrespect by the fighter community and worn proud by the training community.

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:49 am
That sounds very cool Dennis, I shall look forward to a pic. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:54 am
This should be good ! Can't wait to see the pics Dennis ! :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:42 am
That is interesting, Dennis..I had no idea :-D

I guess, you know whose coworkers :angry: will hear about that tomorrow :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Smurfycate » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:05 pm
I tell people fairly frequently about my smurf thing...you never know who might have some kicking around that they aren't interested in! And even better, you may meet someone who shares your love of the blue fellows! Neither has happened yet, but I'm hopeful!

Postby Tessa-Dennis » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:16 am
OK, it turned out to become later than expected last night so here they are.
These 4 are shoulder patches worn by students or graduates.

The first two are worn by the training squadron I would expect, simply to show the other pilots what type of aircraft they fly, the small AT-38C Talon II jet trainer.
The third one is worn by adversary pilots flying the same small aircraft. These pilot train in 'enemy' tactics to, in their turn, train allied pilots to counter these. There are no units in the USAF dedicated to this task with this type of aircraft so I expect it to be a patch made after some instructor pilots were tasked with this for a one time deal.
The fourth says it all, worn by a graduate of a bombing course using the small trainer type, again not a regular thing to be done. Some units use this trainer as a way to let pilots make hours instead of using their regular aircraft, which are more costly per flying hour.

So, I guess there are those who wear the Smurf with pride and most likely on a daily basis :-)

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:26 am
Awwwwwwwwww I didn't those that before!!! Thanks for the information given and for posting those cute patches, Dennis!!! :love:

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:28 am
:omg:

This is amazing Dennis ! One place you never thought you would find a smurf ! :shock: Those patches are really nice, i can picture them on the uniforms ! I wonder if Tom Cruise ever wore one in Top Gun ! :-? :) :)

Im amazed ! Well done USAF ! :clap: :clap:

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:36 am
Cute patches, Dennis :D

Thanks for showing us the pics 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:57 am
There are some great pics there Graham of your Mechanic at work.....I will get Stace to take some pics of her smurfs at work when she gets a chance.

They are cool badges too Dennis.....good to see smurfs can be tough too :)

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:15 am
Fantastic pics and badges Dennis. They look very cool indeed and something I would never even have considered happening. :-D

I forgot to take my smurfs to workt his morning. :banghead:

I got two ready last night but forgot to put them in my briefcase, I am going to do it right now ready for tomorrow so I don't forget again. :bolt:

Postby Tintin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:22 am
Hi

These are some pics from my work.
Picture 1 is from the front and the other from the other side of
the building.
I work at the office from a telefoon company.
My manager doesn't understand why i sometimes don't have time
to work. Can you believe that with a view like that.
I used this smurf because i had to work inside with this weather !!!

Tintin

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:57 pm
Hi Tintin, great pics. :-D

I agree, with a view like that, I wouldn't do much work either. :love:

So did your little Grouchy enjoy his day at the office? Did any of your co-workers see him? :D

Postby Tintin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:21 pm
Hi Rachel

There really happens a lot.
So yes i enjoy the view very much.
The little smurf, little Grouchy, is he ever happy ?? :???:
My co-workers know i collect smurfs, they don't understand
but they know it makes me happy and know i am a bit crazy.
And you don't have to be crazy to work there but it makes it
a lot easy !!! :smile:

Tintin

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:20 pm
I did it......I took a smurf to work today and even left it there..Not sure you can see it on the first picture....

and I wore my smurfette T-Shirt all day today at work, too....it's an awful picture of me but also gives you an idea where I work... :) :) My hand actually points to the smurf that my coworker didn't think of including into the picture :-?

I hardly got any comments today (which in my area means, they thought I was totally crazy, nothing new there) but some thought the T-shirt was very cute......thanks Staci... :-D

Now, how is that for a challenge Beers and Dyar :o ...I know Dyar won't be wearing the shirt for work anytime soon, but how about arriving in Nashville wearing it....if you are up for it, I promise to find some place in Nashville where you get to meet some interesting characters :) :) :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:17 pm
Great pictures Ron, i wish i had a view to admire like that ! :D

Maureen, i think its fair to say that i'll let you win this challenge ! I have to stay in uniform, honestly i do ! 8-) 8-)

Postby Pitufo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:23 pm
Great pictures Ron, i wish i had a view to admire like that !
Ron??????????Do Ron and Tintin work at the same telephon company? :) :) :) :) :)

Very nice views, Tintin!!!!!!!!Which is the name of the river and the city? I always loved Geography!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:25 pm
Im doing it again....memory loss ! Thank you Joaquin :) :) :)

Sorry, i mean ...............excellent pictures TinTin :D

................ :) :) :) ................... :pinksofa:

Page 2 of 6

Login