Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 2 of 7

Postby paolo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:41 pm
The coins are out on ebay.
There are two different 5 euros silver coins (one is also painted).
One of the seller told me they will be available at the end of September, so these are preorders.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:17 pm
Thanks for the update.

Do you already have a picture?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby paolo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:24 am
These are pictures by one of the sellers who has them on ebay (if they are copyrighted an adm can delete them).

Image Image

I already pre-ordered mine (outside ebay), but you can find plenty of auctions by searching on German ebay.

Postby bwalters » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:40 am
Wow Nice coins. i hope they eventually make it to the US ebay. Bill :cheers:

Postby Tojo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:19 pm
Those are beautiful coins & I'm definitely going to get one. In fact I may get the normal one & the coloured one too :-D

According to a German Euro-coin collector's forum (www.muenzen.net) the coins will be released 01.10.2008, will weigh 15 gramms, will be 30mm sized, & will be limited to 25,000 pieces.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:50 pm
Does anyone know how much they are? If I can afford them, I might commission you to get me one, Tojo, if that's ok. :-D

Postby Tojo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:01 pm
I've no idea what they will cost Hilary but if I find out where they're available I'll let you know & then I can see about ordering.

I get a few catalogues sent to me with the latest Euro coins for sale so I'll keep my eyes peeled :eye: :eye:

Postby Tojo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:20 pm
I've just Googled the web & have found a website which offers the coins (www.starship-coins.de) - they won't be in until about 6th October though.

The coloured coin will cost €28.90 plus post & packing.

It's possible that other suppliers may have the coin cheaper so I'm going to wait until nearer the time. There's no mention of the non-coloured version at the webshop.
Er, actually they do :banghead:
The plain silver one costs €25.90 + p&p.
Both coins together (plain version & coloured version) cost €51.90 which makes a saving of around €3.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm
The ones I saw on German ebay went for about the same price or a bit more.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Tojo :hug:

It seems my pile in Karben keeps growing and growing :shock:

Speaking of which...Do you know if there will be a second Schonwald sockel released this year or is too early for that? :-?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:00 pm
I've not heard anything at all Maureen but then I'm always the last person to find out anything :) :)

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:47 am
Thanks for the info Tojo. :D

Postby Gerda » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 am
Thanks for the info Tojo, I may have to ask you to help me get my hands on these when the time comes as I am finding them very interesting.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:33 pm
Aha.. the smurf medium of exchange, where currency comes with a white hat and pants. I have for many years attempted to print my own money, but have felt the authorities were on to me from day one. So far I have not been able to get away with anything.

Here is an example of the dead presidents I have tried passing.... unfortunately this isn't very collectable as no one will accept it and I'm not sure why :-?

Postby bwalters » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:03 pm
How much for the one dollar smurf? I don't know where you are from but the copiers in the US won't print money anymore. If you try the copier will shut down. And you will have to call a service tech he won't have a clue what to do to fix the machine and will call Technical suport when he does that will alert them that someone has tried to copy money. The Feds will be alerted and be at your copier in a few hours. We had a lady that was copying a material for a quilt I think the copier thought it was money. She wasn't arrested. About 20 years ago you could copy money and pass it we has three boys do it. They made their mistake going thru the drive thru and Mcdonnalds. The girl knew them. Bill BTY I know you were kidding.

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:00 pm
My mum bought me Smurf shampoo from Wilkinsons today! Strawberries and creme smell :-D

wow!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby jpp » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:47 pm
The must of the 50 years :

"LE MONUMENT DU CINQUANTENAIRE"

Editor : Pixi
years : 2008
Réf : PIX6400
Lg : 26 cm

Number : 200 ex

and the price : 900 euros

Or for people not fortunate like me :

"LA COLONNE DES SCHTROUMPFS"

Editor : Pixi
years : 2008
Réf : PIX6401

Number : 250 ex

For only 54 euros ===> Up to 70.00 euros

Bye,

JPP
www.les-schtroumpfs.com

Postby Gerda » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:55 pm
Oh to be able to afford that monument sculpture it's such a beauty, I don't know if I would pay that much for it though as by looking at it I can see about a million points of weekness where surely something will break off :???: the small one is cute and I may have to get that.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:02 pm
JPP, do you know when these are coming out or where to buy them? I would definitely get the smaller one too, Gerda :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:06 pm
I'd be interested in it, too. :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:15 pm
So would I, although I already have this: :) :)

Page 2 of 7

Login