Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Mark » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:01 am
Hello,

I was just wondering if any of you also collect other stuff besides smurfs?

I do have ever growing collection of Football shirts, wich you can see a small part of here: http://www.footballshirts-online.tk. I haven't updated it for a year, so a lot is missing.

I just love these shirts, and sometimes it is hard to decide where to spend my money: Smurfs or shirts?

Anyone else have the same problem?

Greetings,

Mark

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:19 am
Hello Mark ! I love your website, you have a great collection of shirts ! The Holland home shirt has always been one of my favourites, i'll never forget seeing the masses of orange shirts and boiler suits at Euro96 when Holland played in my home town ! It was a great sight to see :D Its also good to put your face with your name :D

Yes, i collect other things too, and it is very hard deciding what to do with your money :x

I collect Disney, model airplanes, and i am presently building a model railway, its hard to juggle things around and smurfs are coming second best at the moment :???:

So i understand what you mean :D

:-D :beer:

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:04 pm
In the past I've collected statues of elephants, cats, dogs - specifically sighthounds. I also have a small collection of frogs and now smurfs. :-D At least smurfs are smaller so you can get more in! I'm getting a bit limited for display space. :) I like to read too.

Postby smurfieduck » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:06 pm
Hello Mark,

Yes, a very impressive collection of football shirts there!! :D

I have a very small collection of 'Sylvester and Tweety Pie' figurines and plush (mostly Sylvester). My partner collects crystals - we have a glass display case in the living room with them in and they look great! We also have a few Noddy, Pooh Bear, Sooty and Sweep items as well. :-D

I dream of having a large room that's dedicated to all the different collections. There would be a nice comfortable sofa in the room and a music centre. I would then spend my time lying back on the sofa, listening to my favourite music and looking at the wonderful things that would be in the room eg. all the smurfs!!! :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:09 pm
Oh dear Mark, I'm afraid I'm a collectaholic. :) :)

Besides smurfs I've got collections of coins, stamps, postcards, wargames figures (hand painted by myself), porcelain houses, golly badges, 1/43 scale GPO Telephones vehicles, coke bottles, N-scale trams (I have a half-finished tram layout for them to drive on).....................

I think I'll stop there :) :)

I've never met anyone who collects football shirts before & I must say that your collection is very impressive :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby steveparkes » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:42 pm
I don't actively collect anything apart from smurfs..I don't have the spare money :) But I did re-collect all the same star wars figures I had when I was a kid.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Picaja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:49 pm
:shock: Great collections! :shock:

Congrats everyone! :-D

For me ... only smurfs! :angelsmurf:

Tojo: and Gary Numan? My husband just bought Replicas Redux and engineers recorded at Melbourne in 1980.
:hiya: We Love Smurfs :-D

:naughtysmurf: Nance

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:27 pm
Good topic, Mark...we had an old topic from about 3 years agoon other collections but there are so many more members now, it's nice to ask more recently now :D

I collect pigs (only cute ones) and Cows On Parade. I have an old collection still of Philadelphia Flyers stuff from the early 90s packed away somewhere too :) I know of an Aussie that might be able to help you with your shirt collection too...I'll just have to ask :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Cool Smurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:11 pm
Along with my Smurfs, I also collect Simpsons figures, and figures from the original Star Trek.
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby Tojo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:17 pm
Nance: I forgot about the Gary Numan stuff :) Whoops. Mind you I did say that I collect a lot of stuff. Our house is almost overflowing :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:40 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your response, Nice to hear that a lot of you collect other stuff too!

Staci, I would gladly get in touch with that person, since australian shirts are my most favourite!

Greetings,

Mark

Postby Pitufo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:49 pm
Time ago ( I was a student of Chemistry and spent many hours awake), I did the most stupid collection you ever can imagine...I kept all the empty Coca cola cans I drunk and suddenly I discover I had about 6000 ( it is not a joke)...My mum always said: what a stupid thing!!! :) :) :) :) I decided to stop the weird collection, and called to the my town council to ask where I could throw them, and they sent a truck and picked them all, for recycling!!!!!

Isn´t it a stupid collection????? :) :) :) :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:53 pm
Isn´t it a stupid collection????? :) :) :) :) :)
That is hilarious, Joaquin!! At least you helped the environment by recycling all those cans though so good job :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Pitufo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:58 pm
I am thinking what I have said: 6000 cans of coke...I drinf an avarage of 6 cans /day...So about 1000 days...So it is about 2 years and 9 months...So last 33 months of my studies of Organic Chemistry!!!!! :) :)
JOAQUÍN

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:15 pm
I'm a coke-aholic too but I've never as many cans as that! :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:04 pm
I used to collect plastic bags...so don't feel to weird, Joaquin :cool:

I used to collect VHS tapes and records but left most of them in Germany because I was stupid :banghead: and I am now slowly rebuilding both libraries..but very very slowly

and I also collect books..but I noticed the other day I had so many that I haven't even read so I sold quite a few of them...and yes, that money went towards smurfs :-D

I am also into my family tree although it is put on the back burner right now, but I still collect newspapers snippets when somebody who is kin to me is mentioned in the paper (and living in a town of 8000 I find snippets in the paper each week) and also family heirlooms.

and of course, I do collect pictures of friends and family as I love to remember the good times we had...Chances are if you have met me...you have seen me behind the camera taking pictures :) :)

I think..that's all I collect right now....I probably should mention that, like Tojo..I am a collectoraholic :cool: I have been collecting newspaper articles for years so I could do my own history book (I love history) but I am getting away from it...I do try to collect "chronicle" books but they are so expensive that I only pick one up once every few years. I like how they take a certain time in history or country and retell the story year by year as if it was written during that time

Mark, are you also interested in smaller less known teams? Soccer isn't that big in the US, but I know of a few local teams and people that play in them and if you are interested I am sure I can find a few Soccer shirts for you :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Elvissmurf » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:32 pm
:shock: Soccer!!!?....SOCCER!!!??.....Football Moey please. :shock:

Like Moey and Tojo i am also a bit of a collectaholic,besides Smurfs i also collect Asterix figures and books,1/43 scale Formula 1 cars and of course music..the one thing i don`t seem to collect enough of is cash :)
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby FlamingO » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:04 pm
Great collection of football shirts Mark, particuarly love your Van Der Sar one :-D

As well as collecting smurfs I also collect Man Utd figures (Corinthian and others), Simpsons Interactives, Rocky and Karate Kid figures.

Great thing when collecting smurfs though is that they are very small, so have found I need to be a bit more selective with the others or there is no house left to live in :)

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:12 am
Maureen, I am certainly also interested in shirts from smaller teams. The only condition I need is that the price is right. So if you could let me know what you are able to get and the prices they have, I would really appriciate that!

Greetings,

Mark

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:18 am
I'm a huge music fan, in particular of Alicia Keys and Anastacia. :D Therefore I started off collecting rare items of them and arranged some scrapbooks. I was lucky to have known one guy from PA, who would send me heaps off clippings, posters of them from the US, UK, France, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands etc. in return for the German magazines, I sent him quarterly. Sadly he hasn't get back to me for almost two years. :( :( :( Therefore I just wanted to ask you, if you could please look out for articles, clippings of Alicia Keys and Anastacia, in any of the mags and newspapers you read? Would you please either ask your kids or your friends or your colleages at work for me? You know, that I do not get e.g. each and every American mag and the ones I get are very expensive for me.

Also see: http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.p ... licia+keys

Thank you so much! :D
Page 1 of 3

Login