Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:47 pm
I guess, some of you or most of you know that my primary Ebay ID is named after my cat paulchen...Paulchen is no longer....He was so weak and about to fall into a coma when the vet put him to sleep...he went peacfully with me stroking his head....I have spent the last two days trying to save his life but in the end it was a battle neither he or I coud win

I am going between feeling numb and distraught and I am listless...Paulchen has been around me for the last 8 years whenever I was home so it is a new feeling not having him come after me...

I am attaching a picture of him that I took during his last hour at home.... He was a very beautiful cat and stayed beautiful to the end.

:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:51 pm
A beautiful picture of Paulchen Maureen, one to cherish ! I've sent you a pm :D

:-D :beer:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:57 pm
I'm very sorry, Moey :hug: I like the soccer smurfette with him :rose:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:17 pm
Hi Maureen, I am very sorry to hear this, the saddest of news. :hug:

Losing a pet is never easy but you can feel happy with yourself that you did all you could and he was peaceful and with you at the end. You are right, he was a very beautiful cat indeed, handsome with a look of dignity to him.

We recently lost our cat and like you I was there at the end so I really do send my heartfelt sympathy as I know this is such a sad experience.

R.I.P. Paulchen :rose:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:11 pm
Sorry to hear about Paulchen, Maureen :sad: :hug:
It's awful losing a pet :( Especially when you've had Paulchen for so many years.

He is beautiful looking cat , and that's a lovely pic of him and your soccer Smurfette :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Thank you all for your nice comments...

He got really sick last Wednesday and I truly expected him to die that evening..When he didn't and seemed to get stronger I got new hope yesterday and even this morning, until he had a second seizure around 11a.m. that's when I knew I couldn't do that to him and took him to the vet..

The past two days have been emotionally draining...I never understood how people can get so attached to animals, but that was before I had any myself :) :) :)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tintin » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:20 am
Hi Maureen

I am very sorry to hear about your good friend.
Hope he found a nice place in heaven.

Tintin
Postby naish510 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:39 am
hi Maureen, i want you to know that i'm feeling sad for you. Loosing your dearest cat is very sad, but you know he isn't in any pain now and i think in time you will only think about all the good times you had with your good friend, without tears in your heart. i hope you are doing ok :rose: and know that you are in our minds.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:08 am
I am sorry to hear he has finally lost the fight for survival. I guess he was sick for a while and like Christy says, he isn't in any more pain which is something.

I hope you will be ok

Dyar
Postby smurfwish » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:16 am
hi Maureen, i want you to know that i'm feeling sad for you. Loosing your dearest cat is very sad, but you know he isn't in any pain now and i think in time you will only think about all the good times you had with your good friend, without tears in your heart. i hope you are doing ok :rose: and know that you are in our minds.
I was trying to think what to say but I think that the words that Christy has used are just so to the point and beautiful that I can say no more. I hope you are bearing up ok Mosey :hug:

Thinking of you

xxx

Postby FlamingO » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:57 am
Hi Maureen,

I am very sad to read that you have lost your beloved Paulchen.
I had my first cat for 23 years and have two more now, and I know that their pain is our pain.
I hope your cherished memories help to ease some of the sadness :hug: You will never lose in your heart those wonderful years you spent together.

Take care.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:28 am
Thank you again everybody for you nice words

Hidden in the Woods

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:37 pm
Big hugs Mo... :hug: :hug:
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:23 am
Hi Maureen,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I know he meant a lot to you. Hope you're doing ok.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby southernyacht » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:07 am
So sorry Maureen :hug:

He looked like a beautiful cat
Cathy x :cat:

Postby Yonna » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:09 am
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:18 am
That's lovely, Yonna :D A beautiful pic too :winks:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:18 am
Thank you again everybody for your words...

and Yonna...that is such a beautiful poem...thank you so much for it :hug:
It brought tears to my eyes picturing him up there 8)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Michelle » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:48 am
I'm sure my dad will take care of your lovely cat.
He's crazy about cats and dogs.

Michelle
SUNDAY the 12th of October 2014!! Save the date!!! The 7th edition of Blue Paradise!!!!

Blue Paradise

Postby Pitufo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:36 pm
Hi,Maureen!!!!!!!I am soory too to ear those bad and sad news!!!!A big hug!!!!!!!!
I'm sure my dad will take care of your lovely cat.
He's crazy about cats and dogs.

Michelle
I am sure that if your dad loves cats and dogs the same way you love smurfs, paulchen will be in the best hands!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
JOAQUÍN
Page 1 of 3

Login