Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:14 pm
I spent the last two days on the 127 yardsale, aka the world's longest yardsale which goes along Hwy 127 from Ohio to Alabama.

We went up to Jamestown, Kentucky and drove down to Crossville, TN. Thursday we had to drive thru a bad storm which cut our outing a bit short so we went again yesterday.

For the first time in 10 years, I finally found several stands with smurfs and even had to limit my spending :smile:

I was really thrilled about the smurfette Birthday Ceramic...I got the other smurfs at two different stands. One of the sellers claimed to be a collector and tried to explain to me that the smurf with the white gift is worth $20.00 and that last year, he sold the black smurf for $60.00. I explained to him that the smurfs really aren't that rare which he didn't believe because he just knew everything about them as he was a big time collector :duh: . He finally shut up when I asked him if he was excited about the movie next year and he had no idea what I was talking about :) :) :)

:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:08 pm
Uau! That smurffete is beautifull! Congrats on the find and buy. :cheers:

Yeah, don't you just love those "experts", I had a run in into one 2 weeks ago when I found some Playmobil... he just "knew" what parts made a set... of course once I saw a Fisher Price boat mixed with a lot of Playmobil pirates, I knew exactly who I was dealing with. 8-) 8-)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:03 pm
Hey Moey; The Smurf with the white gift is worth $20 if you pay that much for it. lol But if you paid that much we might all think you were crazy. Great find on the Ceramic Smurfette. Unless you paid too much for it.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:30 am
well done Maureen! id love to go to a yard sale as big as that. glad you managed to find some smurfs this time

Postby Tojo » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:36 am
I'm glad you found smurfs on the yard sale Maureen & that Smurfette really is a pretty item :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:19 am
Thanks guys :cheers:
I was really excited and am hopeful to find even more next year :-D

I forgot to mention that I got a nice shop display as well (not smurf related) which I will use to display some of my rarer smurfs in. It's rotatable. Will post pictures once it's clean and full of smurfs :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 pm
Congratulations on your finds Maureen!! That sounds like so much fun!! :D

Postby André » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:54 pm
Congrats Maureen!!

The ceramic Smurfette is lovely! :D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:05 am
Great finds Moey! :-D :) :) :) That Smurfette is very pretty! :smitten:
Page 1 of 1

Login