Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:32 pm
How weird is this??

Last fortnight I had listed some of my smurf doubles for 99c as an experiment to see how they would sell. Well some of them sold, but for only 99c and about half didn't sell at all.

The weird thing was that one person who bought a few things from me didn't buy one smurf listed with the rest for 99c but the next day after I relisted it bought it BIN for $3.50 :-?

The other weird thing is that the rest that I relisted (that wouldn't sell for 99c) all sold for about $6. :eek:

So I guess its all about luck and being in the right place at the right time.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:05 am
Very weird Linda

We talked about this the other night.
I think maybe when people see something listed cheaply they think the smurf is'nt it very good condition.

I don't understand how they would come to that conclusion as in all your auctions you clearly describe the smurfs condition. Also your photo's are very clear ( you know what your getting ).

I know if i'm after a smurf i generally check whatever they have listed so i can combine postage.

Raelene

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:33 am
If I had known then I would of bought some for sure Linda.....it's very odd when this happens but I am glad for you that you got a better deal from some of these.

I have listed some smurfs twice without any bids and then later I have reduced the price by $3 or so and relisted the smurf....then all of sudden every person and their dog starts to bid and you do wonder "What the....?"

Dyar

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:44 pm
Oh Dyer Dyer Dyer Have you been leting Syd smurf loose on the computer again you know hes going to bid on your smurfies expecialy if they are rollerskaters, he dont want them to leave home as he loves them all dearly. :) :) :)
Sorry being a norty smurfie again. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Smurfy regards, steve. :D

P.S Ebay can be a wird place when it comes to how much you ask? You could ask a couple of pounds and no ones interested but ofer it for a few pennies and you can get more money than you expected. :eek: :eek:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:00 pm
P.S Ebay can be a wird place when it comes to how much you ask? You could ask a couple of pounds and no ones interested but ofer it for a few pennies and you can get more money than you expected. :eek: :eek:

Well that happens all the time, Steve. Thats why I tried listing them cheaply. Its just plain weird for it to work the other way around!! LOL

Oh well the few dollars extra will help pay for more murfies anyway.

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:06 pm
:haha:
Smurfy regards, Steve. :)

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:53 pm
I agree. :D

I have seen many a strange thing on Ebay, I suppose it is truely down to the right person seeing an auction. I used to spend hours scanning the different Ebays just in case I missed something. These days I often miss things and I would have thought many people are the same. :-?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login