Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:29 pm
I was expecting a delivery from Schleich today and out of the 35 lines of Smurfs ordered 27 were out of stock!!!! :banghead: :banghead: So I received this miserable little box full of mini catalogues, the 2005 smurfs and a few supers and football smurfs. What is going on I wonder? It has freaked me out a little bit, either they are very very busy and sold out quick or they are slowing down production. I have emailed them to try and get answers but this has given me big time eebie jeebies. :( :( :(

Postby aussiesmurfer » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:31 pm
Fingers crossed that this is not a sign of things to come!

Trish

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:36 pm
How strange? Hopfully they have just been really buzy and have just sold out. I hope they arnt slowing up the prodution of smurfs? :( Let us all know what they say if they get back in touch with you. :D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:40 pm
That's not good to hear from a wider point of view and also from your angle personally. I would be interested to hear what you find out as well.

It surprises me that they are slowing down as I have had the feeling that interest in smurfs is growing and growing fast too......but then I hear about Schleich cutting back their production of smurfs and it doesn't seem to make sense.....if they were selling more they wouldn't be slowing down...unless of course no one is really buying the current stock.

Keep us informed Karen

Dyar

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:29 am
Phew!!! Panic over!! It is just the new computer system throwing a spanner in the works! They have run out of nearly everything until May, knights are affected as well as smurfs so it is just a glitch!

Postby Fram » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:37 am
Oh, that's a relief. I would be really sad if they stopped producing the Smurfs, it's a shame to let such a tradition go away.

I have just read yesterday that Lego is resurrecting its Duplo trademark after they had ditched it two years ago. Apparently stopping with something that is so well known (just to replace it) isn't the smartest decision...
And a book range I collect that had been going since 1938 and had reached number 257 in december 2004 was scheduled to be stopped as well, but apparently they changed their mind as 258 is due to appear this month. :woohoo:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby aussiesmurfer » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:37 am
Glad to hear it Karen! :D

Trish

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:31 am
Oh, that's a relief. I would be really sad if they stopped producing the Smurfs, it's a shame to let such a tradition go away.
I agree Fram......it would be tragic if the smurfs were allowed to disappear and become ONLY a retro item.

Thanks for letting us know Kazza.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:41 am
Phew!!! Panic over!! It is just the new computer system throwing a spanner in the works! They have run out of nearly everything until May, knights are affected as well as smurfs so it is just a glitch!

wow! that's a relief!! and good news for schleich too..it means they are selling stuff!!!..
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Rachel » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:52 pm
Phew!!! Panic over!!
:relieved: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank goodness for that. :cool:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:05 pm
FEW!! panic over you had us all worried for a bit there. Glad to see it all worked out in the end and smurf are still being made and sold. :-D :-D
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D
Page 1 of 1

Login