Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Guest » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:04 am
This is the last message I received from Christine, dated 7 March, which pretty much says that she is having a very busy time at the moment. I haven't emailed her again because I know she is up to her eyes in stuff.
Just posting this here because I know some people are waiting on replies and I didn't want you to think she has fell off the face of the earth, because she hasn't, she's just very busy and I don't envy her working all those hours.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 07 March 2005 22:57
To: xxxxxxx@btinternet.com
Subject: RE: Question for item #6107431397 - 12 Green Display Boxes for Smurfs Smurf Schlumpf

my inbox is an absolute mess :( so much to catch up on. haven't had ANY time off as we are going through a turnaround and that means working over 12 hours a day.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:22 am
I also heard from Christine last month and she said that she will be back around as soon as she can and that she misses the forum and all you guys......I think the hours she is doing would kill me and I know she has had no time for even a social life recently......but I hope she will be back soon......give her time and I am sure she will get back to people waiting on a reply.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:45 am
I know how working 14 hour days really cuts into social, personal or any time at all -- I've finally gotten over my long days -- I bet when Christine finally does catch up, she'll still need lots of time to acclimate to normal life.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:07 am
My husband works 12 hour shifts 3 days a week and on those 3 days that he works I only see him for about 2 hours because he is so tired and needs to sleep all the time.

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:15 pm
hi!

I think its horrible that people have to work those long hours..

its only worth giving up your youth if you are making tons of cash and get to retire Super early..

unless you really have to do it to support your lifestyle..

I found out that all it does..is make your life and time go by so fast..

and once you get older.. you can't do much anyway..

time with yourself and friends is worth more..

ohoh! sorry about the preaching...it's the father Attom coming out

and the radical artist in me...

I used to work 60 to 70 hrs a week.. no holidays for 6 yrs.. then BANG!

I lost my holidays.. cause I used my 125 holiday day days to get over the exhaustion and health problems it caused..

so please becareful..:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:55 pm
Dont worry Farther attom i promiss to be extra carfull wilst sitting at my computer each and every day smurfing my life away. LOL. :) :) I dont know how you can all work them long hours? Thinking about it is anoth to tire me out. Id love to be back at full time work though and erning a good wage to look after my family and feed my smurf habbit.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:35 am
Hiya guys, i know its very hard those hours. This time of year Simon works 14 hours a day or more, depending on how busy they are . If the weather is bad they cant work so if we have a few sunny days he is working flat out. As you can imagine its very hard on us and i pray for a rainy day so he can have a rest and i can spend some time with him. But amost of the time he's so tired he sleeps. But atleast he home and resting :D Lucie

Postby kira1970_ » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:01 am
Thanks for the info. Hopefully she can get back online soon.
Look forward to hearing from her soon.
Kira

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:24 am
Well..i don't work 12 or 14 hours a day, but my husband does :(

He works normally 10 hours a day 14 days straight. But within that fortnight it's not unusual for him to finish for the day and be called out for another 5 or 6 hours if there's a problem. This can happen 3 or 4 times a week and sometimes missing lunch and dinner.
Also in 40C plus heat and a million flies on your back.

When he gets home he's stuffed for days.
Very hard worker :D :adore:

Raelene

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:33 am
Geez, I don't envy those hours -- at least my long days are concentrated on just 3 months out of the year so I know when the end is near! Plus I work with my parents so I don't mind working hard since it is partly my own business too -- it's easier to justify that way for me :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:53 am
I only work 6 hours a day, starting at 11am because I like to sleep in,.....you guys put me to shame.

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login