Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bradley » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:49 am
Hey Aussies. There is a show on the ABC in Australia called Collectors. On Thursday nights at 6:30. Just finished. I keep forgetting it and have missed it for the past few weeks. But managed to remember tonight! Lucky for me because they had smurfs! They had a segment on a collector who collected plastic toys from 60s and 70s cereal. After the segment they had a different women in with some of her toy collection, which were mainly all smurfs. She had a couple of the recent houses (from DJ) and a lot of her smurfs were the new ones (probably brought from Kmart and DJ). But she had quite a few originals too. They had all these smurfs displayed in front of the desk and some ontop of the panel desk. She also had a smurf puzzle there. The panel asked the women how much they sell for and she said she'd paid up to 50 dollars for one. The panelist Gordon asked if she had many from the 60s because they were the rarer ones.

It was episode twenty six. Don't know, for those who missed it if you can get a copy by contacting the collectors show. Here is the website:
http://www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/

Dyar, you should film your smurf filled room and send it in.
They have a segment called collector cam. You can send in video or photos.

Brad.

Postby SA Smurfette » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:00 am
Thanks for letting us know Brad.

I had the TV on ABC till 6.30pm and changed it as Doctor Who finished :banghead:

Would have been good to watch 8)

Raelene

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:22 am
Mrs Dyar's Grandfather always records and watches that show so we just called him up and he did record it this week so I will watch it sometime before Sunday and see what the show is like.....it might be fun hassling all you guys on National TV :-D

Postby bradley » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:18 am
Thats great that you'll be able to see it. Let us know when you have.
It really took me by surprise so I can't really remember all that was said. She seemed to have made??? (the word has gone from me. remember when in primary school you would make little sets in boxes for a project, diarama? I think thats the word, yeah). She had boxes with scenes (recall smurfs standing on a bridge over water).

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:44 am
I will get a copy of the show on the weekend so I will be able to see what you mean Brad.....looking forward to it too.

Postby bradley » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:18 am
I will get a copy of the show on the weekend so I will be able to see what you mean Brad.....looking forward to it too.
Did you manage to get that copy yet and watch it?

Brad.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:53 am
No unfotunately...Mrs Dyar forgot to get it from her Mum....even though she went there on Saturday & Sunday :banghead:

I suppose I forgot to remind her as well.....might be ableto get it tomorrow though.....I will let you know when I have seen it Brad and what I thought.
Page 1 of 1

Login