Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 9 of 22

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:40 am
As we all know, WT Smurf and his travelling companion Vanity spent a long time in Germany this summer. This is the story of their adventures with Dominique & Manni. (I hope I've got this right Dom!)

"First we (that means Manni and me) went to my Granny's grave, for she was the one, who got me into smurfs, I felt she'd smile down at us.

Pretty close to the graveyard, there are some farms, which you cannot see from the main road, where I live. So I decided walking down the alley.

At the end of the alley, there is a "tripoint" of my suburb, the city of Castrop-Rauxel and the city of Bochum.

Then I went to the main road called Provinzialstrasse, there I live. The street itself is about 170 years old.

Pretty close to the Western border of my suburb, we have a wonderful Protestant church, which is called "Katharinenkirche" [St. Catherine's Church] (see pic) ,

but you may also find a Catholic church near my flat, which is called "Herz Jesu Kirche"[Jesus' s Heart Church]. Another trademark of the Ruhr Area are the kiosks.

to be continued

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 am
Eventually, I wanted to take the WGTs to the museum "Zeche Zollern", which used to be a former coal mine and became a museum, but since you are unable to visit the pit, I decided to visit the "Deutsches Bergbaumuseum" on the following day.

The next morning, Manni and me went downtown Dortmund to show the WGTs Reinoldikirche, whichis Dortmund's eldest church.

After having enjoyed a ride on a Dortmund rhino, which you may find throughout the whole city of Dortmund, we left for Bochum.

Once we had arrived at Dönninghaus, we just had to order one of their famous curry sausages. *yummy*

to be continued

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 am
After enjoyed a currywurst for lunch, Manni, the WGTs and me went to the Deutsches Bergbaumuseum.

There you might even visit the pit and thus, we went there with the elevator. But I guess they liked the beautiful view over Bochum and the mini model of the mine best.

After one and half hours it was time to say goodbye to the museum and to the lovely miner, who carried the WGTs to the exit.

The next day, it was so sunny and warm that we took the WGTs to Dortmund's most prominent park, the so-called Westfalenpark. Our fellows enjoyed the rich flora and the graceful flamingos.

Sadly, our famous tv tower called Florian was closed, but as there was also the "Flo(h)rian" (a pun of the word German word for fleamarket ("Flohmarkt) and the name of the tv tower "Florian", they surely loved meeting other fellows.

That was my report from the Ruhr Area, since I wanted to send the smurfs back by Tuesday, I kept them in my shelf, but as you already know, things got worse."

Postby Lia » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:06 pm
Thanks for posting Hilary and thanks Dom, you gave a good impression of your area! :D
And very nice that this project can go on now!

Lia

Postby André » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm
Great pictures Dom!!! :-D

Can´t wait to see the next stop the WT makes!!
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:30 pm
Great pics, great story, We will see the area next week ourselves, picking up Aly's mom from Flughafen Dortmund!

And of course once the WT's appeart mysteriously appears on its next destination..I will also update the Google WT Smurfs travel map!
:D

Postby Tracker Smurf » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:27 pm
Love the pics of his adventures. Looking foward to his next stops.

Postby stampysmurf » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:19 pm
Great pictures! I love travelling with World Traveler! :) :)

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 pm
It's great to see the photos of the WT's in the Dortmund area :D I've never been there which made it even more interesting :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:40 pm
Smurfowen created a Facebook group for the World Traveller...not sure if you have to be added to the group (haven't figured out the new group settings yet), but if you would like to join, it would be great if you can. :D

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 80115&ap=1

I am slowly adding the pictures on there, it would be a great help if those of you who are hosting him or have hosted him already, can put your pictures on there as well :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Tojo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 am
I've just added a few photos to the Facebook group :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby smurfowen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:26 am
The group is working
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:06 pm
I've just added a few photos to the Facebook group :D
Thanks, Tojo :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:50 pm
OMG, it`s almost a year ago that I hosted the WT for 24 hours.
The same cold as today, it was freezing so much that I had to change the batteries of my camera constantly..
where is WT? in the UK??

Lia

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:32 am
He's still with me Lia. He was left here in the cold when my boiler broke. He's nearly thawed out again!! :-D

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:56 am
Great pics and report Dom. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Pitufo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:59 am
They have just arrived to France. Thursday we will travel together to Spain. They are lucky guys: they will visite during the same week two of the nicest cities in the world: Bordeaux and Sevilla. I will spend some hours at paris too but I think I will stay at the airport. If I have more time when I come back to France I would like to show them theTour Eiffel, but
I am not sure if I will be able to do it :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby SmurfingH » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:18 pm
Just sent you a pm about them Joaquin! SO pleased they arrived in good time. :-D :) :)

Postby Pitufo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:02 am
Where I should send the WT smurf?????? :-?
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:48 am
Can you check with smurfowen? He wanted to take him to South Africa but I am not sure if there is still time :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Page 9 of 22

Login