Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:47 am
Hi Guys
I haven't been around for a LONG time.... Smurfing sort of come to a screeching holt for me for a while :(
I hadn't got any smurfs for nearly a year :shock: ( shocking I know)
Last thing I purchased was the lastest Schonwald a few weeks ago.
So hopefully I'll get back into it 8)

Just thought I'd let you know that my website has changed.
It was with Yahoo geocities which as you know has closed, I'm still with yahoo though www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Could you please update your links pages if you have me on there, I'll also add my new banner here if you wish to update that as well.
If anyone wants me to add them to my links page please PM me your banner and link please. I know there are a lot of new smurf sites since I was posting regulary on here.

My site is so out of date it's not funny...... My Smurfs have been packed away since March as we ripped up our carpets and had floating timber floors laid.
I've been such a slack arse and haven't unpacked them....it was such a big job packing them up!
Brad has offered to help me though, so I might have to take him up on that :)
I have so many pics to take....I finished off the normal & supers a few years ago but still haven't taken individual pics of the normals yet...it's going to be a big job!

Hope you are all going OK :D

:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Beers » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:15 am
Done :D

That'll be twenty dollars please :o :neener:
:stupidsmurf:

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:18 am

$20 Not! :)

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Gerda » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:05 am
Updated mine as well. And i'll only charge you $19.99 :D
happily smurfing along

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:10 am
Updated mine as well. And i'll only charge you $19.99 :D
I updated our link page even for free!
Expecting / hoping that you links ours as well (banner is on our links page)...

But testing it your site seems to be down at this moment??

Ron

Postby Gerda » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:30 am
Ron, I added your site to my links page!! :D
happily smurfing along

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:55 am
Ron, I added your site to my links page!! :D
Thx! I returned the favour off course, truth is that I thought I did that already long ago.....
Nice that you noticed the music .... :D

Postby Lia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:30 am
You have ( technically) a very advanced site Ron :D

and I think, you can remove a few smurfs from the "not yet" !

Lia

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:59 am
Good to hear from you Rae :D I don't have a site to add your link but wanted to say :hiya:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:48 am
Hi Staci :D Feels like ages since I was on here everyday :-D
I see a lot of the oldies are still here and a lot of new members as well 8)

Thanks for adding me Ron, ( for free) :) I'll add you to my site in the next few days. Thanks Gerda and Graham for updating me :D

I'm hoping to get started on taking pics of all the normals during the Christmas break...my 9yr old daughter will be on school holidays and she's usually my little helper when it comes to sorting the smurfs and passing each one for me to take a pic of :lol:

:photo:

Check out my smurfy site
Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:15 am
It was with Yahoo geocities which as you know has closed, I'm still with yahoo though www.raeslittleblueguys.com
Was the change as much of a pain in the blue tail as it was for me Rae? I couldn't decide whether it was better to re-do the entire site or throw the laptop from a speeding car and not bother.
My site is so out of date it's not funny.
Amen to that too :banghead:

Dyar

PS: Nice to see you on here again

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:25 am
Hi Dyar, nice to see you too :cheers:

Yes it was a pain in the arse..... :banghead:

I left it to the last minute of course!

I stuffed it up but was lucky enough to have Linda & her hubby help me put.
We transferred the site over to the new domain but I had lost all my pics and links.
They had transferred over but I had to go into each page again..( which was only 21 of them ) and save each page again.
Then do all the links again :shock: It took me ages as my computer was playing silly buggers as well, page builder was locking up every now and again......and me being a woman blamed Kirk because the computer was so slow... :lol: :lol:

But it's done now!! :relieved:

I guess I'm lucky my site isn't as big as yours!

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:35 am
They had transferred over but I had to go into each page again..( which was only 21 of them ) and save each page again.
Then do all the links again :shock:
Me too....it took me 3 weeks to do over 17,000 files on my website in the last 3 weeks before it closed.....and people wonder why I go on vacation :-? ....because I needed to :beer:

At least it's done now......until sitebuilder closes of course. :)

Dyar

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 am

Don't say that :argue: If that happens I'll just delete it :)
I've been so slack with updating it over the last few years.....
But then again it's a good way to see what you have in your collection :D
Even though my collection isn't huge I often forget what ones I have :-D

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:54 am

Dyar
Shush Dyar :o :o Don't even give them that idea :eek:

Rae, I think I updated your link on my site :scratchinghead: but will double check the next time I im working on the site :D

The same goes for the linkspage on here :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:23 am
Thanks Maureen :D

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Arnhem Smurfs » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:45 am
Hi!

All of you transferring the geocities sites did a great and labour intensive job! :D

To reassure you: if another time it happens that a provider closes: 9 out of 10 have the possibillity just to SAVE the whole site local, using within the site also relative links (meaning that a pic referred to as in ./smurfs/images/20113.jpg instead of as www.gecocities/yoursite/smurfs/images/20113.jpg)
In that case moving a site from one provider to another just takes as long as the download and upload take time...
Saving a site locally to your own computer is anyhow not a bad idea. If only for being able to show it to people from your own laptop, without needing an internet connection.

I was surprised the geocities tools did not have that option, and that that had to be done page by page!

Greetings Ron

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:54 am
I just fixed the link on my site too Rae :D

Dyar

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:00 pm
Thanks Dyar :D

Thanks for the info Ron :D
I don't know a great deal about website building etc, only what I've done on geocities using pagebuilder.
I decided to stay with Yahoo rather than moving elsewhere as it all seemed to much of a hassle :-D They did say in their email that you could save each page to your computer which I didn't do, we just transferred it over and then had to redo all the links and pics again.
If I ever have to move again I'll ask you to explain to me how to save my whole site to my computer.....( you'll have to dumb it down fro me though ) :-D

Check out my smurfy site

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:47 pm
I was told by Yahoo that I should just re-do my entire site again

:angry: ....yes I actually looked like this and probably gave them a gobful.....um, not just probably......I definately did. The thought of doing my entire website from scratch again was never an option.....but that's what they told me I would have to do. I really thought that I would have lost sgtpapas which would of been a shame since I have spent a lot of time on it over the last few years.

Mine is now saved to my computer though.....not that I remember how I did that now....but I do recommend that you do that if you can.

Dyar
Page 1 of 2

Login