Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby CapriSmurf » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:16 pm
:o I've seen a thread somewhere about what to use to clean Smurfs, but I can't find it. Anyhows, all the products mentioned I could not find in the UK. Got a really nice Hello Mum sockel today and it is a bit grubby. Anyone advise on good cleaning stuff available in the UK? :cheers: Thanks in advance.

Postby Tojo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:52 pm
I usually just use concentrated washing up liquid, warm water & an old toothbrush. It's amazing what comes off after a short soak. I then rub over the smurfs with a 'micro-fibre' cloth (the sort you can clean windows with). Even more dirt usually comes off.

If the figures have ink stains etc then this won't help. Then you need a professional pvc stain remover......
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:40 am
Yup, nice warm water with soap will do a good job on that "grubbyness". :) :)

I've also used bleach with sucess. :shock: No side effects to the pvc and colors yet. :D Has the advantage that the white pvc will become slightly more white if it's yellowed. :-D

I've heard of another method being used to whiten yellowed LEGO, but have bo ideia what effect it may have in smurfs, as they have diferent type of material. :-?
And I haven't tested it, cause I've still not found the product in Denmark to try it. (or I just don't know what's called or where to buy it).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Pitufo » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:59 am
I use warm water, neutral gel and a teethbrush
JOAQUÍN

Postby PVCBlue » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:26 pm
All the others have given you really good advice. I will give some as well, I use a SOFT toothbrush, and fill the sink with warm to hot water with DAWN dishwasing soap added in, REGULAR NO ADDITIVES Dawn, it is really good on cleaning and does not hurt the smurfs.

Gary
"Smurfs, Smurfs, and More Smurfs!"

Postby Gerda » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:53 pm
I don't know if it is a world wide product but in the states they have what is called a magic eraser. It is like a sponge and I found it does wonders on smurfs. gets the whites super white again and does not scratch the paint.
happily smurfing along

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 am
They're available over here too. :D

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:57 am
They are available over here,too. :D Thanks for pointing that out, Gerda. :D

Postby SA Smurfette » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:50 pm
I know we have them here as well but I haven't tried it yet :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby CapriSmurf » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm
:-D Magic eraser it is then .. Soapy water did the ones that were just a bit grimey/dusty but not good on the ones that had serious stains/grubby. .... Before and after photos to follow ...
n.b. trial runs are taking place as we speak .. Thinners is not a good choice, although I now have a rohlinge from what was painted smurf!!!!
Thanks all for the advice.
Page 1 of 1

Login