Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:27 am
Hi All; I went on a Smurf hunt this morning. I found these coloring/Activity books at a store called Deals. Deals is a sister company to Dollar Tree so they may have them too. I will do some checking this afternoon.
P.S. There are only two diffrent styles I put one upside down above the one it matches. I have several extra's if anyone needs them.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:44 am
The books are made by a company called Modern publishing. They have a website called modernpublishing.com I went there and once you click to enter the site. A bunch of diffrent themes pop up. Smurfs is one of them. But if you click on it nothing appears. I even tried to search by the ISBN on the back with no luck so these must be really new.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:57 pm
Great find, Bill...I don't have any Dollar Trees around here anymore so I can't look for them but I may find them soon when I go to the 127 yardsale in about two weeks...here is hoping at least :cheers:

Do you mind taking a few pictures of the inside of the books so we see what they look inside...and how much were the books?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:36 pm
Hi Moey; It will take me a little while to take that many pic's. I will probibly open 4 of the same books at once to diffrent pages. By the way there are two diffrent books. If you can't find them let me know, I have 12 of each. lol
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:14 pm
I took 3 pic's of 3 books at a time. Here are some pic's.
Those were the first book.
this is the second book. Looks like there are about 20 more pages in each book.
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:06 pm
Thanks, Bill... I was interested if there were new drawings inside those books and the pictures give me a good idea what's in there :cheers: :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 pm
After you told me that. I kind of looked at the rest of the pages. I saw one that had a clapper board in his hands, and one of Dracula. Which kind of reminded me of the last couple of years smurfs. But as for the pic's they just really look like the old Smurfs to me. I went to one Dollar Tree today and didn't see and of the Smurf books. The one I went to is a little smaller than a lot of them I have been to. Then again they might not have them out yet.
Mr Bill

Postby bradley » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:54 pm
cool colour in books Bill! thanks for sharing photos. they look nice. I have a heap of old smurf colour in books. They don't really make them like they used to.. now days colour in books are thin & have hardly any pages to them. Back when I was a kid I had loads of character colour in books & they were always thick with so many more pages to colour in.

Postby bwalters » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:12 pm
I tried to count the pages which I came up with 48 but I could have missed a couple. That means there are aprox 100 pic's to color or solve a puzzle.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:53 am
I just went through the coloring books again. I noticed that a lot of pic's in the purple book have Smurling's in them and baby. Which I don't remember them in any of the coloring books I saw from the old days.
P.S. On the back cover's the one on the left is a calendar. The one on the right you are suposed to cut out the cards and play consentration with them.
Mr Bill

Postby stampysmurf » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:03 pm
I like those! I hope the Dollar Tree carries them. I don't think we have a Deals around here. How much were they?

Postby bwalters » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 pm
I saw you on line and sent you a pm Stampysmurf. They were only $1 each. So I have a feeling Dollar tree will sell them.
Mr Bill

Postby bwalters » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 pm
I found them today at Dollar tree. I didn't buy any I have 12 of each already. Thought about it just so I could buy something Smurfy. but I was on my way to old navy in another town they had the lunch boxes but were sold out.
Mr Bill

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:21 pm
I have a Deals near me - may have to check them out tonight :D Thanks for the photos!
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:52 pm
One of three dollar trees I went to friday had them.
Mr Bill
Page 1 of 1

Login