Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:54 am
Ok guys, I am finding it a little difficult to keep on top of these 1000 post thingies. A while ago Rachel and I discussed having forum awards and I think maybe that is a better idea. We could have awards for funniest poster, the best ebay auction spotter, outstanding contribution to the board, etc. etc. What I'd like is people's ideas on award categories.

I'm not trying to wriggle out of giving people a free smurf for every 1000 posts but sooner or later I am going to miss someone as it is so difficult to keep on top of who is up to what and it means keeping records of who I've sent smurfs to. I also think there are people on here who don't post very often but who make very good posts and it is leaving them out if we concentrate on volume rather than quality posts.

Let me know what you think please guys? :D If you are all in agreement with this then we can think of a format and how often awards should be made, etc.

Postby Fram » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:16 am
Agree wholeheartedly. Multiposting isn't soo tough (I know, I'm one of the multiposters), it's being interesting that is the hard part.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:
Postby Raresmurf » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:18 am
awards for funniest poster, the best ebay auction spotter, outstanding contribution to the board.
Funniest - Dyar
Best spotter - Fram
Outstanding contributor - dyar/fram

Postby Fram » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:21 am
:oops: again.
Outstanding contribution: Rachel

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:27 am
Well if people can come up with some categories that would be great. Rachel and I should have more time between Christmas and New Year to sort out some of these things we've been talking about, like the ranks, etc.

Postby Tor » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:17 am
I agree! Reward quality - don't quantity.
/Tor

Postby pekkelien » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:27 pm
can a member get more than 1 award because otherwize fram and syd get all the awards :(

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:30 pm
That's why I want more categories. If we have most serious smurf collector then that's those two ruled out because they can't be classed as serious, lol.

Postby pekkelien » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:55 pm
am i serious :razz:

Postby pekkelien » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:56 pm
:-| pekkelien is watching syd and fram

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:47 pm
Maybe there should be a 'Bonehead Award' for the silliest suggestion or thought......it has to be a serious one though that to everybody else seems...well boneheaded.

Other categories....

'Samaritan award'.....for generosity or for a helping hand

'Best Photos"......Attom would get my vote

'Outstanding Achievement'.....has to be Rach for the graphics and avatars.

'Info' award....for greatest contribution to sharing knowledge in the smurfy arts

'You outbidded more members than anyone else' award....Mr Bunno to present prize :)

'The Dyar award'.....because it would be nice to win everytime :) :)....Mr Bunno NOT to present prize

'The P.I.A.' award (Pain in ass)....prize is: suspension for 6 months from forum

Okay might need more thought yet...but Rach certainly deserves something for her time in making the graphics as I am sure we all agree that they really do make a very big contribution to this forum in making it a better place to visit......I know that sounds like sucking up but hey, it's true.

The best photos award might be interesting....Attom truly does have amazing pics.

Will think of more

Dyar

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:39 am
They are great Dyar, thanks for all your help with that, come on everyone, any more ideas?

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:43 am
I have another one, best interactive posting moments on the board, so we can vote for a team.

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:22 am
Newbie of the month (or of the quarter)? So newbies don't feel like they are chanceless against the ancients (even if that is not true, certainly not on a young forum like this).

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:03 am
highest poster off the onth 8-)

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:04 am
maybe a pekkelien award for the best pekkelien :worship:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:07 am
You'd get my vote Sven :D

Postby pekkelien » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:09 am
thanks

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:30 am
Are you still going to send a smurf to Fram and Sven?

I hope so :)

I like the idea of the change but I still think they should get one...thats a massive achievement and they've been working towards the smurf :)

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:34 am
Thanks Linda :-D
Page 1 of 2

Login