Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby DrunkSmurf » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:43 am
With smurfs I have year 2000 and earlier, their skin is glossy blue. With the new smurfs, the paint is a matte (non-glossy) blue. I prefer the matte, but wonder if anyone knows the scoop about the change.

Postby Rachel » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:40 pm
Hi Drunksmurf, I know what you mean. It is almost as if Schleich keep trying out new things, the paint has differed quite significantly over the last few years.

I agree with you, I personally prefer the more matt finish. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Oprime » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:21 am
Yep, I also think that the matte lighter blue paint looks better. Plus, it makes photography much easier as irritating reflections do not appear as easily... I think they tested a similar (at least different) lighter less-glossy paint before e.g. with the small mold swimmer.

Pauli

Postby IndigoSmurf » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:44 pm
I prefer the older paint... there aren't much variation in painting in the new smurfs, I find. The older ones there are different shades of blue. The matte type seem to all have pretty much a consistent color, to me not as fun.

Christine

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:25 am
HI!

I agree! I prefer the variations myself...more like home made..:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)
Postby hugofilia » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:22 pm
Me also i far prefer the older smurfs. One exception the marching band smurfs whixh i think is among the best looking smurfs ever made :)
John
I love to create situation with smurfs and change or add colors.
Page 1 of 1

Login