Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby Raresmurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:12 am
Hey Guys,

Man, I'm bummed! I have lost at least 5 auctions over the last 2 days that were around (Avg) £100 each. The prices of those real good ones

Fix & Foxi
Wreath Smurf
Tennis Racket Smurf with black shirt
Footballer with gold Football
etc.

These smurf are clearly in huge demard and ebayers are willing to spend big amount to add these beauties to there collections. I think it's great for sellers or even buyers with a big of cash...Rant over! :angry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :x

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:33 am
Never mind, you'll have more money for South Africa. I think a lot of people here were going for some of those auctions as well. My theory is that before Christmas many people have to save their money for buying for their kids and going out and stuff. In January there is less to do and people think their money is more their own, they don't have to save it to buy other things.

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:57 am
hmmmm better list my doubles now then hey.

There is some weird stuff going on, Raresmurf. Last week I got $10.50AU for a Telephone smurf.... the fortnight before I couldn't sell it for $3AU....oh well I guess its good for me anyway!

I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time, whether you're a seller or a buyer.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Raresmurf » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:28 am
Yeah, That's really weird I'm finding that as well. For instance, if you buy a Aussie Football smurf for say £21 and then you try sell it - it won't go for more than £11...

I'm actually finding that a lot lately...

Karen, good point! Or it could be opposite - all the money is all spent by the time the new year comes. But I think that the more experienced smurf collector save all year round for the good stuff to come out in december/jan...
hmmmm better list my doubles now then hey.

There is some weird stuff going on, Raresmurf. Last week I got $10.50AU for a Telephone smurf.... the fortnight before I couldn't sell it for $3AU....oh well I guess its good for me anyway!

I guess you have to be in the right place at the right time, whether you're a seller or a buyer.

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:23 am
hi... yes I notice though there is a small circle of regular buyers

that pop up on most of the unusual smurfs frenzies..

once someone has one..the circle shrinks until a new nutball like me comes along and wants everything again..

you have to wait for those big buyers to get the one they wnat..then hope another one is posted soon... and WAH LA!!! you get a rare deal!

same goes in reverse for selling!!!..

:))
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:05 am
Yeah, That's really weird I'm finding that as well. For instance, if you buy a Aussie Football smurf for say £21 and then you try sell it - it won't go for more than £11...
EEK!!!....you guys really need to check out the Aussie auctions...there is a blue VFL for $5AU (2GBP) starting price at the moment (though it may ahve finished now) and another at $10.50 I think. They generally sell for about $25AU here...10 GBP. I'm sure one of us Aussies could help out with the shipping if they don't sell internationally.
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:15 am
I was meant to bid on one for Stace tonight and I totally forgot to place the bid....she is going to hate me.

I promise I will find you another one Stace....cross my heart and know that I will die.

They are pretty common in Australia so I should be able to find you one sooner or later.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login