Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby pekkelien » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:30 pm
just got a someone where i bought 2 lots from

first i need to pay 2 times sendingscosts for each lot 1 time 17 and 4.70 euro and then i need to pay his ebay fees
is that legal?
i always thought ebay fees where for the seller

luckely for him i still have a bargain

Postby naish510 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:25 pm
hi sven, i just have the same problem with a seller, i think it's the sameone, is it the seller where you bought the rohling smurfs?

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:42 pm
Hi Sven

No way should you be paying his ebay fees!!!!! That will be against the rules for sure!

Postby pekkelien » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:14 pm
no naish it isnt you mean j......

but i bought something for 10 euro and its 17 euro sendingscosts + 4.70 because he puts in in 2 and ebay fees
i think he wanted to have a better price
you can put 1 package inside the other
and i still under his weight

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:38 pm
I don't know why sellers do this....if you want a certain price then start the auction at the minimum price you want for it......its just common sense!

Or put a reserve on it (though we're unable to do that on Australian ebay now.)

Okay Rant over! :rant:

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:11 pm
I don't know why sellers do this....if you want a certain price then start the auction at the minimum price you want for it......its just common sense!
I don't even like the reserve. The seller ought to decide the minimum he can afford to sell it at and start the bidding there--we bidders end up wasting our time making bids that are non-binding on the seller. :angry:

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:05 am
Sven email him and tell him that he must send these in two separate packages, tell him if he won't combine postage then he must send separately. He is a pretty stupid seller if he wants to waste time doing that. :angry:

Postby newbiepeej » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:54 am
I have been pretty lucky so far as i haven't had to big a problem with my buying's and postage, yo all should get a smurflopedia like mine they really are a god send. It tells you what price to expect to pay and if they are a good deal and postage examples.

My smurflopedia is fantastic:-D
Good things come in little blue hands

Postby pekkelien » Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:02 am

Or put a reserve on it (though we're unable to do that on Australian ebay now.)

Okay Rant over! :rant:

Linda
i use buy it now :) :) :) :) so he got his asking price but ill pay him
i still got a super bargain
if it was for a large ammount and he would ask extra i wouldnt take it

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:22 am
That reminds me of an auction I saw once, Sven.

The buy-it-now price was $1 for 100 vases.

and the postage was $1000 LOL. I guess the seller was trying to get out of paying ebay fees. :-?

Postby lordsmurf » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:51 pm
REPORT SHADY SELLERS TO EBAY!!!

- Using high shipping fees to avoid fees will get a seller suspended.
- Making you pay Paypal fees is against policies (except in UK).
- Making you pay eBay fees is against the rules.
- Not listing shipping/fees on the auctions pages is against the rules.

Some of this stuff is also illegal in various countries.
Report them to eBay. They should be banned.

ALWAYS put down what you need as the opening bid. Anything beyond that is just bonus money.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:03 pm
Making you pay Paypal fees is against policies (except in UK).
In the UK it is against the rules to add paypal fees, that came in early last year.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:04 pm
Not listing shipping/fees on the auctions pages is against the rules.
And in the UK you can specify this later.
Postby newbiepeej » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:02 pm
:( Well guys and girls i forgot to touch wood and yesterday which was meant to be really exciting was spiolt when i got my much awaited package with my quarterback in it. Only problem was i didn't touch would when i said i didn't have any problems with ebay.
In the package there were 20 smurfs or so out of which 9 could be salvaged. The seller cleverly photograghed them so things were hidden now i knew that somethings had bits missing like tennis racket's and so forth which was fine, but chef had half a foot missing for example and most were badly chewed on the back of them rendering the porr chewed little buggers useless (quarterback being badly chewed also. On the item description it did say "fair condition & dirty". I would call this fair conditon would you?
I sent the seller an email and lodged bad feedback and basically i got one saying i needed to learn to read!
Thats me done with my wHinge. :angry:
Good things come in little blue hands

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:29 pm
I feel for you that gos on all the time best to email the seller first with any questions that way if it all gos pair shaped at least you then can have a go. This happend to me ages ago i won a smurfette secratery and when i got her she had half a leg missing and looked like she had been draged through a hedge backwards so many times she looked allfull. Good luck with finding a decent quarter back. Im still looking for one my self. Sorry for the bad news. :( :( :( Better luck next time.
Smurfy regards, Steve. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:17 pm
That is so awful to hear that you guys were sold these smurfs without being given a clue as to their true condition....it's disgusting actually. There is no way in the world I would try to hide or not mention that my smurfs were in bad condition..or MISSING A LEG...(my god :shock: ).

I remember selling off a bad lot of smurfs which clearly stated in bad condition so I started them at about $4 Aus and the price went up to $14 or higher for about 6 bad smurfs and I felt really guilty and thought the winning bidder may hate me...but they didn't....a friend of mine and a fellow seller told me at the time that there is nothing they could say because you clearly described these as being crappy smurfs....truth is they were just smurfs that had paintrubs...not a whole leg missing. I still can't believe that and I think sellers like this should be dragged out into the street and shot.....no, shooting would be too good for them....I am sure I could hand it over to Stace to think of a decent torture for these assholes.

Okay...my rant is over with too.

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:45 pm
I still can't believe that and I think sellers like this should be dragged out into the street and shot.....no, shooting would be too good for them....I am sure I could hand it over to Stace to think of a decent torture for these assholes.
I'm definitely in the mood to think of a decent torture for assholes tonight :angry: Where are they? Send them my way!! :crazyangry: :-x :mad: :evil:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:25 am
Ill send them round to you and you can give them a good beating! LOL. :) :)
Smurfy regards, Steve.

P.S Mabe i should ask on here if anyone has a spair leg to trade for that poor smurfie. :) :) :) :) :)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:22 pm
Hi Pete,

Lodge a fraud report with ebay. Thats definitely not in fair condition if it has a leg missing. They'll charge you $25 but you should get the rest of your money back and that seller will get a strike against their name.

Ebay listings:
I don't think we have to list our postage costs here either and I know that ebay says we're allowed to "reasonably" raise the postage price after the auction (even if we have it on the listing) if it works out more.

I wouldn't know about the paypal fees. I know we have a law that came in recently in WA (maybe Australia) that businesses can now charge the extra 3.5% to people using a credit card to make purchases.

Linda
Page 1 of 1

Login