Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 2
Postby Tamtam » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:55 am
This will be a short one folks. Due to another winter storm, the local Flea Market's were not open today!!! Bummer :( . On a good note: I have another 30cm's of snow to shovel and no place to put it!! :? The snow banks are currently taller than our vehicles and our barbeque is almost buried! Good thing the cats are indoor cats. They would have no place to "go"!!!! :)

Tam

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:51 pm
It's been really cold here the past couple of days but still no snow, we never seem to get much. I think the first year we moved here (4 years ago) was the last time I really remember seeing a decent covering of snow. Or have I just got a bad memory? Chris will probably tell me I am wrong now, lol. :)

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:46 am
We had our first snow tonight! Only 2 cm, but still, it's something. Let's just hope it's not the last snow of this winter
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:51 am
We had our first snow as well! A sprinkling is how I can best describe it and it has nearly gone already.

Postby Tamtam » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:31 am
Okay guys and gals, it's still snowing!!! :? We shovelled twice last night and the snow has blown back in and the snow plow and managed to fill in the end of the driveway again. Everything from schools to scheduled surgeries at the hospitals are cancelled, buses are not running at all but angainst all odds the local coffee shops will remain open! :) I took a few pictures last night but the camera kept focusing on the snow flakes close to the lens so that's the only thing that came out. I will try to take a few good ones today. I need everyone to keep their fingers crossed that I don't have to go in to work.

Tam

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:54 am
Hi Tam

It's sounds like another world reading your snow reports. Sounds like the snow is causing utter chaos with everyone and everything. I have only seen snow fall once and have only been to the snow fields in Australia 3 times. Robyn has never seen snow at all so I will try to take her down to the snowy mountains around here next year.

I hate getting out of the bed on cold winter mornings so I have a lot of respect for you guys who experience colder conditions. I am sure I would get fired from a lot more jobs if I lived in a snowy environment as I would prefer to hibernate until the warmth returned.

All the best...and all the warmth

Dyar

Postby Fram » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:43 am
That's very impressive! :shock: Here, traffic almost comes to a standstill when there's ten centimetres of snow... I would love to have more snow sometimes, but the amounts you are getting are a bit over the top :) :snowing:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:45 am
:omg: I have never seen snow like that in my life :shock:
Well on TV and in pictures.

I just can't imagine how cold that would be :snowdance: :snowman:
I don't think i would get out of bed :)

Where in Canada do you live Tam ?

I'm used of the heat. I grew up in Darwin which is very humid.
The only change in the the weather is it's either the wet season or the dry :D Raining or not :)

I've only ever been in the snow once and that was in Tasmania for holidays. Not enough to ski or anything :)

Thanks for showing your photo's.

Raelene

Postby Tamtam » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:47 am
The amount of snow we are getting is very much over the top. When I was young, we would get this much snow and then for quite a few years we were only getting minimal amounts but now it seems to have cycled around and we are getting the massive snowfalls again.
When it is really cold we don't get alot of snow but when it warms up, the end product is what we have now. Really the only thing cold is when the wind picks up. The coolest thing is, if you are out at night shovelling and there is no wind and no one else out, it's very quiet and peaceful (until the snow plow goes by) :) .

We live in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia on the East Coast. Just outside the city of Halifax. Nice place, when it's not snowing.

Tam

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:42 pm
wow!! wonderful! snow pictures!!

love that!!! :) :) :)

maybe we should sent some to you Dyar?????
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:26 pm
maybe we should sent some to you Dyar?????
Yes yes...Attom & Tam please send me some snow....it seems like you have a bit to spare :) and I can put it in my smurf snow scene....people can say "gee, that snow looks real, what's it made of?" and I can say "snow".....and "I get it imported from Canada you know...they have the best snow there"

Actually by the time Australia Post loses it for about 3 weeks and it gets sent to Australia via Venus then I imagine there wouldn't be much snow left for the display.....but if you put it in an airtight container then I would at least be able to make a Canadian river for my kayak to play in.

Dyar

PS - I really should stop bagging Australia Post....no wonder my packages go missing or get held up......ok, who's been telling them?

Postby The Masked Avenger » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:18 pm

PS - I really should stop bagging Australia Post....no wonder my packages go missing or get held up......ok, who's been telling them?

Muhahahaha ze Masked Avenger strikes again.

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:40 pm
I will get you Masked Avenger...if it's the last thing I do.....I will find out who you really are and unmask you in front of the forum....your secret will be destroyed forever. I have Imperfect Probe Droids currently circling round....well the circle but if I can get them to go forward and scan the universe I will finally find your hidden base....and when I find you I will use my almost fully functional water pistol to skirt you out of hiding.....I have it fully loaded with last weeks bath water and I am not afraid to use it.

I will get you Masked Avenger....and your little bit of grog too

Dr Evil Dyar and Mini Syd :angry: 8-)

PS - You're not me Dad are ya.....just had to check

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:10 pm
Wow Tam, that is a lot of snow!! I think your snow has traveled south -- we had a "blizzard" on Saturday -- I use the term blizzard loosely...it snowed all of Saturday and there is about 2 feet on the ground which is a lot for here. Still had to go to work though -- I'll take pics of our piddly snow piles and post them tomorrow for you all to laugh at. :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:43 pm
there is about 2 feet on the ground which is a lot for here. Still had to go to work though -- I'll take pics of our piddly snow piles and post them tomorrow for you all to laugh at. :)
I was more laughing at the fact that you guys have managed to get 2 feet on the ground :eek: .....is that because fish don't have feet?...in which case getting 2 feet on the ground is quite an achievement and I am very impressed.....well done Stace.....you might turn out to be a Delawarean Walking Fish after all.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:12 am
:roll: Dyar!! Yes, you've figured it out....snow makes fish evovle :) :) :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:34 am
cool....snow fish flakes

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:43 pm
No snow here yet although I will keep doing my little snow dance :(

Great pics Tam, WOW! Now I would love that much snow - definitely no school although I can totally understand how tough it must be for you guys. :snowflake:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby newbiepeej » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:00 pm
:-D I went to a flea market the other day and i got a smurf mug for a mere 20c au, i was so excited. Mint condition and all.

Snow report i have never seen snow except for on t.v and i was wondering has it ever snowed in the smurfs forest?
Good things come in little blue hands

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:06 pm
Wow what must it be like to have never seen snow? I never really thought about it but I guess it is really strange to see in some parts of the world!
Page 1 of 2

Login