Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby chesneysmurf » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:49 pm
I have a chance to buy a huge smurf collection from a guy that owns a business around here. He wants $2,000 for it though. It includes 90 supersmurfs and over 80 singles with the duplicates included. It also comes with 35 little smurf booklets that they used to sell and some of the old scratch and sniff cards. It also has 2 of the old turning display cases that they sold smurfs on. It has a windmill and several small cottages and 2 big cottages. All the stuff looks brand new. It's been stored for 20 some years. Do you think this is a good price?
Lacey

Postby Fram » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:51 pm
Looks like a steep price to me, unless there are some real rarities. I wouldn't do it, I guess you can buy the same for 500 to a 1000 $ as well, though not at once probably.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:12 pm
WAY WAY WAY too much money Lacey.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:02 pm
I think it's too much too Lacey.

See if you can bargain with him and try to get a better price because with $1,000 US you could buy almost any of the ones you wanted and could choose the ones you needed. I did manage to talk a seller down from $1,257 US to $250 US which is closer to what they were worth and although I got a great deal I think you can expect a very good deal if you buy a big amount. You also have to take into account postage unless he is very local like you mentioned.

It sounds liek a nice collection so I would go way under that although it is hard to say how much without seeing what you were offered. Just remember that you should only go with what you think is a good deal otherwise keep the money and go shopping elsewhere.

I hope that helps

Dyar

Postby chesneysmurf » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:54 pm
I'm thinking that I'm not going to take it. It is way too much money. His store is right in my town so there'd be no shipping, but I do have most of them and he doesn't want to split up the collection. He's an old man and has had them stored for years. He used the old guides that didn't have all of the smurfs in there but he priced them according to what each one is worth.
Lacey

Postby XoioX2000 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:23 am
It sounds way too much for the actual amount of Smurfs you are getting...

:eek:

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby hfos » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:10 am
I wouldn't do it, especially if I have most of them already. For $2000 you could by a lot more smurfs than that. You could buy a ticket to Schtroumpf Passion and have money left to buy smurfs!
Page 1 of 1

Login