Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 1
Postby attombomb7 » Mon May 02, 2005 7:45 pm
I received my first number one grad! I bought this one single smurf from local EBAY seller in Toronto...

I did pay a bit more for him..
now that he arrived..I spent sometime searching out the info on fakes on several sites..

and I assume he is real from what I have read on this smurf ..so far..

if he isn't let me know .. then I can search for another one:))
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon May 02, 2005 8:00 pm
I think it's a real one Attom...the markings look clear, the sign thingy is not too thick and the seam lines are not too prominant........what a really nice smurf to have too.

I know a lot of people who are after this one and would go nuts if they finally had one too. I was lucky that I had a bit of help from John to get one of these last year....if it wasn't for him then I might still be without one.

I really want to get the fake version of this one though...it's the last of the Famous Fake 4 (Riding Candycane & the 2 Praying ones) that I haven't got.....I am finding it harder to find the fake one at the moment though.

Dyar

Postby attombomb7 » Mon May 02, 2005 9:10 pm
hi dyar

thanks for that info..

I also don't ahve any of the fab 4 fakes.. I suppose I am leaving them to near last or if I get them for a low low price..

they seem to go for a good price as fakes..!

so we both need them!..

I'm always surprised that those fake grads and praying smurfs etc end up at $1 euro and sell at the end of the auctions for alot of CASH! :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon May 02, 2005 9:26 pm
I know what you mean about the price. The Katalog states that you shouldn't pay more than 20 euros for them at the most but I have never seen them go less except for the time I bought the Praying one. I think the seller at the time had turned many people off so they probably weren't bidding on their suctions. They are nice to have for comparisons so you learn to tell the difference between the two of them from different angles. I do have to say though....for fakes they do look pretty good anyway as many cannot tell the difference and I am not surprised by that.

Dyar

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue May 03, 2005 2:13 am
Hiya Guy's , this looks real to me too comparing him to our's. Simon would love a fake version of this one also. The only other fakes we have are the preying smurf and smurfette. The thing i notice with these two fakes we have the plastic really smells eugh :lol: :cheers: Lucie

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue May 03, 2005 2:32 am
Okay I know what I will be doing later....sniffing Praying Smurfs......I just hope Mrs Dyar doesn't see me do it as she may think I've lost it....again.

Mr Dyar

Postby Rachel » Tue May 03, 2005 12:00 pm
Okay I know what I will be doing later....sniffing Praying Smurfs
Waaaaay too much info Dyar, some things you have to never admit to. :)

Nice grad smurf Attom, the originals of these smurfs really are quite difficult to find. Up until about three years ago they were always very expensive to buy and then a box of them was discovered and sold on Ebay. Many auctions for just the No. 1 Grad and the Grad Smurfette, I seem to remember maybe as many as fifty all at the same time. Prices dropped after this but have been steadily rising ever since but with the huge amounts of fakes around lately it becomes so hard.

I think I actually have all the fakes now and do intend to do a much bigger section on Blue Imps about these fakes and how to tell real from fake, very similar to Osi-Schlumpf but obviously in English. I will also be looking into the many repaints on the market these days as well asthese also seem to be getting worse. :banghead:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue May 03, 2005 7:58 pm
Okay....now I am praying that I never mentioned the sniffing......just for the record I haven't done any sniffing yet so I am still innocent.....but deflect the accusations of being a smurf sniffer......what about Lucie....huh huh......she sounded very familiar with what smurfs smelt good and bad......sorry Lucie.....I needed a deflection otherwise people may start to think I am a little odd and stuff......they won't pick on you because they would have to deal with Simon if they did.

Dyar

PS - Um....I hope I don't have to deal with Simon now....he sounds very tall :-x

Postby attombomb7 » Tue May 03, 2005 9:14 pm
thank you Rachel for that information on the #1 grads..I never knew any of that..

I had always een these on ebay but wasn't to interested in them as Iheard there were so many fakes..etc..but now that I know there is a very noticable difference between the fakes and the real one I find them alot more appealing. and since I won one! :lol:

it woudl be nice to see more info on this on your site too:) in english!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Page 1 of 1

Login