Home of the Smurf Community

Ask questions or discuss anything smurf related.
Page 1 of 3
Postby Guest » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:40 am
Hello everyone ! just wanted to say this week i got my latest smurfs off Karen, and this included my 200TH smurf ! i could not believe it ! back in april when i started collecting them again, i did not for one minute think i would get this many, i also did not think i would meet as nice a bunch of people as you all on here ! so thank you to you all, you have kept me entertained, and you have educated me in the art of smurf collecting ! special thanks to my two bitches..... you know who you are :cheek: ! hehehe !

But massive big thank you, kisses and hugs go to Karen, Karen sent me on my way down the road of smurf collecting , i love her shop, its very addictive, out of the 203 smurfs i have, 129 have been bought from Kitty's Cavern ! and seven buildings also ! so thanks Special K !

:-D :beer:

Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:15 am
:balloons: Congrats...200 yay!:balloons:

:cheers: to the next 200!

What's your fav so far?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:19 am
Hello Helen, my manc oxfordshire friend ! hehehe ! probably my historicals ! but so many to choose from tho, yeah, i'll stick with my historicals ! but dont know which one ! erm, Thomas Edison i think ! :-D :beer:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:34 am
Congratulations Graham

That hasn't taken long. :shock:

Must be time for a photo of your collection ? :-? 8)

You must be Karens favourite customer :-D

Raelene

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:44 am
Wow...Karen's shop has a new sponsor :D

That's a fantastic achievement as 200 is a lot of smurfs and buying them from Karen you know they must be very nice looking smurfs as well.....well done Graham and I hope your smurfs out number your tutu collection soon. :)

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:24 am
I just went and count all of my smurfs...well all of the ticks in my book anyway and I am heading towards a landmark as well which I will aim to reach for Christmas later this year. The problem is remembering to add the new ones that arrive as I always forget to do that and then I have to count them all over again :banghead:

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:29 am
Ah thanks Graham, it always makes it worthwhile when you know you are making people happy. It must be awful to have to sell something like treatment for piles, there are far worse things I could sell than smurfs. I'm not saying I've been selling Graham treatment for piles, in case I wrote that wrong!!! :) :) :)

Why do I think your two bitches are Australian born and bred? :) :) :)

Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:45 am
Hi Graham,

Agree, I love the histories too, and think Edison & Franklin are the best. I was so chuffed when I had all 6.

So what's next on the want list?

Helen

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:56 am
Yes I love the History Smurfs as well, they are probably my favourite smurfs. Wouldn't it be cool if they did Movie star smurfs? :) :)

Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:28 am
Yes, I'll start a new thread...

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:34 pm
Congratulations Graham, that is great news. :champ:

It is always nice to reach milestones in a collection, you have done really well in such a short space of time as well. :cheers:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:38 pm
Thank you everyone for your kinds words of encouragement ! You could be right Karen, my two bitches might just be Australian ! and to Helen, i am really after the Smurfette in gown to go with tuxedo smurf, now i wonder were i got tuxedo smurf from ? oh yes, Kitty's Cavern ! but you're right Dyar, i may not have many smurfs but i have a lot of quality smurfs, cos at least by buying off Karen, thats what you are guaranteed ! you must be over three thousand smurfs now Dyar, surely ? so now, the buying must continue, i have plans to extend my smurf village so i can put Gargie's Castle on it ! i will post pics asap ! and Rachel, i use Blue Imps often, because it is such a great site, being out of the smurf game for many years, it is a great reference site, and you learn a lot by reading through all the different sections, so cheers Rachel !

Cheers from Beers ! :-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:33 pm
Yeah I agree I love Rachel's website Graham....the best site for variations due to the amount of them and the fact that the markings are listed as well which is very helpful.

I think 200 is alot of smurfs actually Graham......people would think any one with more than 100 smurfs as a total smurf nut. I haven't reached that landmark that you mentioned yet but I am close enough to reach it by the end of the year I hope.

Dyar

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:49 pm
Why do I think your two bitches are Australian born and bred? :) :) :)

Would that make them dingoes??? :P

Congrats Grandma!! :cheers:

I am now getting terribly excited also as I am nearing the completion of all my normals. Once I receive the ones that are "on the way" I only have 13 to go. This doesn't include Easters or Christmas ones.

Heres the ones I still need:
2.0219 Green Surprise Bag (Don't we all!!)
2.0228 Fitness
2.0415 Handball
2.0435 Sassette and Cone
2.0436 Saxophone
2.0447 Baby on truck
2.0448 Smurfchild Bathing
2.0456 Super sport
2.0461 Leather trousers
2.0462 Caretaker
2.0468 Climber
2.0475 Safari
2.0476 Parachutist

Most of them are relatively easy to find so I am hoping to pick up a few more this pay and hopefullyhave the rest by next pay :)

Then onto the supers and easters and christmas ones and buildings and playsets and rohlings and promos and sockels and....does it ever end???
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:06 pm
Well done to you too Linda, not long to go then :D

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:30 pm
:woohoo: Congrats Graham!!! :woohoo:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:20 am
Thanks Staci ! How is your Smurf Express display looking now ? When you won that, it was one of the best things i have ever seen ! do you still use your other display shelves to compliment the train ? you must do, because you have a lot of smurfs too! :-D :beer:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:20 am
That's exciting news Linda...we'll have to have a smurf party in some way to celebrate the achievement of finishing the collection when the time comes.

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:30 am
LOL @ myself ! Look what i just bought, please tell me i have done the right thing !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

:-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:33 am
I think you did the right thing Graham, you can always trade the other smurf if you have it already. Sometimes you get lucky with these gown smurfettes but generally they're not that easy to find.
Page 1 of 3

Login