Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 1
Postby smurf_kollecta » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:13 pm
So...the release of the upcoming Smurfs movie is set to introduce more girly smurfs. The statement from IMPS head Hendrik Coysman, suggests
significant changes to the social dynamics of the smurf village...
There have been dramatic changes in sociocultural values in the past 20 to 25 years. One of these is girl empowerment. So, there will be a greater female presence in the Smurf village and this will be a basis for new stories. 'This will probably turn upside down certain traditional situations within the village.
(my italics)

won't it be interesting to see how modernising into a more pc, more
post-feminist friendly version affects the traditional story of the smurfs.

source:
http://www.dollymix.tv/2008/01/smurfet ... _only.html[/url]

Postby JT » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:53 am
I don´t like moderning Smurfs too much, so obviously I´m not thrilled. Smurfs we know, lived during middle age, not modern times.
Of course there might still be Smurf village around nowadays...

Basic story shouldn´t be changed too much. We don´t modernise our other book or stories either, no matter how old they´re or what ever social dynamics they might have.

Then again, it´s about movie, so go ahead change all you like. Movie is always director´s version of reality or story. I still don´t have to agree with it :lol:

JT

Postby swarlock » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:28 am
Change for better or worse is inevitable.

But there's also the other saying that goes "The more things change, the more they remain the same."

Take your pick.
Friendship is everything.

Postby Cassiebsg » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:28 am
I don't feel the need for a change or more female presence... but that's just me, obviously someone thinks it's needed in the crappy PC world we live in.

If that makes them feel better with them selfs, then they can change all they wish, for me there will always only be 1 smurffete, 1 papa, and 100 smurfs. :-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Azrael » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:09 am
Hear hear! :cheers:

Although, lets not forget the baby smurf.. I always remember "once in a blue moon" and how it made me sad! :(
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club
Page 1 of 1

Login