Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 6 of 12

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:38 pm
Woohoo...inally got all 16 today...interesting note... I stopped at the MCdonalds that I got the first 11 at and when I asked them who they had they told me they have several because they only order sampler boxes.... does that mean some MCDonalds get them 4 per week and others get a huge assortment.... from a business stand point it means you will run out sooner but you wouldn't run out each week waiting for new shipments? so anyone know what they meant by sampler boxes? Anyways I got a complete set (for my daughter) Gouchy and Gutsy for myself and all the extras go to our 2 year old who is suddenly developing an interest in smurfs.

Postby Gerda » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:21 pm
Interesting about the sampler boxes, don't know what it means because Im still unclear how the promo is being run, first we hear only papa and smurfette available but then when you just order a meal they throw in a different smurf, I know I finally had to go to several different ones to get complete sets. and the one in town ended up saying they sold out of all but papa and smurfette.. so maybe they only get so many at first and then do get extras as the promo goes :-? :-? don't know because they told us this a few days ago yet my son got a hefty today.. so confused BTW.. does anyone know how long these are suppose to be out for?
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:28 pm
I think it's thru August at least four weeks I would say.

So far, I haven't been able to get a full set..all of the McDonalds in my area only seem to open one box at a time, but all of them have different smurfs...so when I went to five different ones on Monday, I got about 6 different smurfs..one had the Papa and Smurfette that my Dunlap one also had.

Interestingly enough, when my mother went yesterday to our Dunlap one she got Gutsey...but today they told me all they had are Greedy and Hefty (two which I hadn't had yet). I'll be going up to Kentucky tomorrow and will be stopping at every McDonald on the way, so it will be interesting if they have the remaining six I still need. They would make lots of business if they sold me all of the smurfs at one store since I need 8 of each :)

But everywhere I go, the smurfs are were much in demand..one guy today got four Happy Meals (had four kids) and when he was asked if it's for a boy or girl, he said, don't care..it's smurfs isn't it..that's all that counts. Not sure why they asked the question unless the Hefty is the girl toy and Greedy is for the boys :)
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 pm
Have fun in the rummaging.. hope you have lots of smurfy luck finding goodies. I seen it once on tv and it looks like a blast!
happily smurfing along

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:20 pm
Some mcDonalds seem to be more interested in checking to see what they have I've noticed. Its kind of nice since I'm off work for a couple of weeks... I was able to stop in Mcdonalds at a time where they weren't busy and they were more willing to help me.... honestly we picked up 11 at our first stop...drove to four more mcdonalds and got nothing new... then I checked the same place I stopped first today and got the last 5 (across the street from where I live). Honestly if I had more money I would pick up a second set (Or even some to get for my smurfy friends online here). I feel like I'm sitting on a smurf goldmine here. Unfortunately I have to cut back on my spending to save up for the Chicago comic con next week. oddly we'll probably get our share of happy meals there too.

Postby Wandy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:41 pm
Sampler boxes means that all the toys 1 thru 16 are in that box :D

Wandy :witch:

Postby Tracker Smurf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Thanks Wandy :)
I guess I got lucky then.

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:15 pm
The McDonald's in my area told me that they were going to be having it for 4 weeks and that they put whatever one in the box. So maybe it's up to the individual restaurant how they want to release them? Also, I went in mid-morning when it was slow and the kid had the time to go out back and go through the box for me.

Postby baboune » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:21 pm
Hi gang!

I leave you with two pictures of the first 8 figures available in Quebec Canada. You'll notice in the pictures the regular Schleich papasmurf figure to give you an idea of the size of the McDonalds figures....

Enjoy!

Baboune :-D
Attachments
2011.08.mcdonalds.5.6.7.8.jpg
These are the next ones available. Most of them are still available at different restaurants, but they are going fast!
2011.08.mcdonalds.5.6.7.8.jpg (79.89 KiB) Viewed 23168 times
2011.08.mcdonalds.1.2.3.4.jpg
These were the first 4 figures available. The're now out of stock of these about everywhere around here!
2011.08.mcdonalds.1.2.3.4.jpg (66.35 KiB) Viewed 23168 times

Postby Tojo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 am
I've just been comparing the German smurfs with those offered in other countries. It looks like the ones in the UK (posted by smurfy3msl1) are the same as those in Belgium as posted by Christy. They both have 10 plush smurfs with cords on their heads.

The German set has 6 smurfs with cords which are the same as those in the UK & Belgium. I can't see exactly what is on Christy's photo but on the UK leaflet the 4 not available in Germany are Grouchy, Gutsy & the 2 on the bottom right hand side. Anyone know which smurfs they are meant to be?

The other 2 available in Germany are larger & have velcro on their hands. They appear to be the same as the ones from South America or Portugal or wherever as posted in this thread except that they have a whole load more....

I was wondering which smurfs are available in Spain & other European countries & whether they differ from what we have already seen?
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:54 am
Talking about the plush McDonalds that were released in Germany, I was wonderring how to distinguish most of them. :-? My mom bought me one set, whilst being to the shopping centre on Tuesday, but the set consists of two Papas, two Smurfettes, two Normals,one Brainy and one Beauty. You know, I really can't grasp the Papas, the Smurfettes and the Normals. :-?

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:56 am
@Moey: Good luck!!! :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:07 am
The other 2 available in Germany are larger & have velcro on their hands. They appear to be the same as the ones from South America or Portugal or wherever as posted in this thread except that they have a whole load more....
Uhm, no the Portuguese set seems to be same as the UK, with 10 plush smurfs. Think those you´re thinking off are from Brasil.

The 10 available (in Pt) are:
Brainy
Smurffete
Papa
Clumsy
Grumpy/Angry
Scarer/afraid (?)
Grouchy/Hungry (?)
Vanity
Hefty/Normal (?)
And the one with the kilt.

Sorry, trying to translate the names from (bad) portuguese into english, turns out into a mess :banghead: , but hope you get who´s who. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Tojo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:14 am
Thanks Sandra :D

Postby Tojo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 am
Talking about the plush McDonalds that were released in Germany, I was wonderring how to distinguish most of them. :-? My mom bought me one set, whilst being to the shopping centre on Tuesday, but the set consists of two Papas, two Smurfettes, two Normals,one Brainy and one Beauty. You know, I really can't grasp the Papas, the Smurfettes and the Normals. :-?
Take a look at my post a bit further back in this thread Dominique. I got one of those cards they show the kids when they get a happy meal & it shows all of the plush smurfs available here. There is a larger Papa & Smurfette without a cord but with velcro (klettverschluss) on the hands. The two 'normals' are in fact greedy & clumsy.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:24 am
Awwww thank you, Tojo. :D Will check that out. :D

Postby Lia » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 am
well, each country seems to have different boxes??

Out of curiosity, I just drove to a rather small and dull McDonalds, not as nice as the ones in the towncenter ,but this one has a parkingplace.
I was not very impressed, no big promotions or special leaflets
Probably inside Groningen, it will be a lot nicer, but I bought one present in the happymealbox
Attachments
McDonalds vitrine.jpg
McDonalds vitrine.jpg (65.68 KiB) Viewed 23085 times

Postby Lia » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:02 am
more
Attachments
McD rest..jpg
McD rest..jpg (61.82 KiB) Viewed 23084 times

Postby Lia » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:03 am
box
Attachments
McDonalds happymeal box.jpg