Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 4 of 7

Postby paolo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:43 am
My opinion is that it's not genuine but home-made, sorry. :-?

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:41 am
I was actually wondering that myself as it doesn't have where it is made or I don't see the Peyo logo either. I like them anyway. Bill

Postby Tojo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:48 am
Whether they are official or inofficial releases (I tend towards the latter) they are very nice coins :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:13 am
After looking at the picture last night, I agree with you Paolo...It doesn't look like a real Euro :-?

It's a bit disconcerting that they can even make fake coins :???:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Lia » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:25 am
perhaps it`s more concerning that they can make false notes :(

A 10 euro coin does not exist, but if they did.....I`d like to look it like the ones, you showed Maureen. 8-)

Lia

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:16 am
Hi Smurfs and Smurfettes

I tried to see if the coin set was available through regular coin collection places and have not found any reference to it anywhere... admittedly it wasn't an exhaustive search, but after trolling the net for 50 minutes one would think you'd find something. However I did find this which is from a legit source.

http://www.eurocollections.com/catalog/ ... tid=schimg

You can buy online. Its a 2002 smurf coin.

but then if you are like me you'll probably settle for our friend coin smurf 2.0029 featuring the head of Papa smurf and a 1 ... at least we know he is genuine

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:03 pm
Now they are going to start fakeing those. LOL I don't know what you have over there but we have a place called the franklin mint. They make all kinds of coin's and metal I think they make the die cast cars too. I'm sure that you have someting like that too. Alto I would think it would have to have a license to do so. I will tell you what it is made of and give you a pic when I get it. Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:17 pm
Thanks for the link, Daryl...that's a neat coin :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:19 pm
I know there where these geocoins on ebay not too long ago, those are nothing more than little coins where someone just took an idea and turned it into a coin and I don't think those are liscensed at all.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:46 pm
Yes I am pretty sure you are right Gerta. There is no logp on them that I can see. I still like them though. I want the real deal though I hope to see it on ebay. Or if someone here wants to get me one in a couple of weeks I will pay for it. PM me. Bill

Postby jpp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:49 pm
Changement :

"LA COLONNE DES SCHTROUMPFS"

Editor : Pixi
years : 2008
Réf : PIX6401

Number : 250 ex

For only 54 euros ===> Up to 70.00 euros

Bye,

JPP
www.les-schtroumpfs.com (open store)

Postby paolo » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:27 am
Here in Italy they just released 3 more DVD's with cartoon episodes, with the 50th anniversary logo on the cover.
One has halloween, one olympics and one christmas episodes.

Postby paolo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:18 am
And this week there is also a 50th anniversary 3-dvd's box on sale.
Unfortunately the dvd's that are inside are old ones released over two years ago, and I already have them, so I won't buy it (just for the box).

Postby Gerda » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:01 am
That is a neat cover :shock:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:20 am
Hi All; I recieved the 10 Euro coin today. It is very nice. Not sure what it is made of Probibly stainless steel. It is very heavy. I don't know who made it but it is very well done. Here's a couple of pic's. Bill
P.S the one with the hand in it is from the auction.

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:13 pm
I asked the seller if he knew anything about the coins. he said they were made in China for the olympics but never made the market. He found them in a small shop and bought them all. He also said they are made of CU-NI I think that is cadium nickel not sure. Bill

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:06 pm
Hi Bill
I have seen on eBay the Jokey and the smurfette versions of these coins, but do you know if there are any more? I don't have these and am undecided if I should add them to my watch list. Also how do they come, are they in a air tight plastic container, a sleeve, are they on a card mount?
Cheers
Daryl

Postby bwalters » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:56 pm
Hi Daryl; They come just as a coin. It was just wraped in cardboard. The Jokey and Smurfette is all there were. They are still worth buying in my opinion. They are as nice as the pic's show. Bill

Postby Tojo » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:52 am
He also said they are made of CU-NI
CU-NI is copper-nickel

Lots of coins are made from this alloy.

Nice coin whatever it's made of :D Luckily not cadmium as that's very poisonous!!!
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:20 am
Hi Tojo; Thanks for correcting me. I should have know that cadium was posines. I work on copiers. The drums in them today are organic. Before that they were either made of cadium sulfide or arsnic selinimum.I hope I got close enough with the spelling that you know what I mean. Bill
P.S. The sell also told me that they only made 100 of each coin.
Page 4 of 7

Login