Home of the Smurf Community

Local smurfy events and news. Announce news here that is local to your country / area.
Page 1 of 3
Postby amy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:09 am
July movie recommend:
"Angels With Dirty Faces" with Cagney and Bogart

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:02 am
Thanks Amy, i do hope we get to see a new smurf movie in the not to distant future.............fingers crossed ! :-D :beer:

Postby bradley » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:45 am
YAY!! Hey I was about to post news on the smurf movie that I had just read in my local newspaper today. I guess this is where the newspaper got the info from. An article in todays Adelaide Advertiser talks of the new movie versions of transformers, Ninja Turtles and the Smurfs. Saying that Paramount with Nickelodeon have the rights to create 3D smurfs in a feature film.

Thanks for posting the article link!
I can't wait till 2008 LOL!

Brad.

Postby attombomb7 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:52 am
oooooooh! such great news!!!!!

:( :( but such a long wait! it will be torture!!! :lol:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 am
Thanks for posting the link Amy.

I've just written a page about this on my website

http://www.kittyscavern.com/smurfs-movie.htm

It's all very exciting! :) :) :)

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:33 pm
Brilliant news, Thanks Amy for letting us know. There have been so many rumours for so long that it is fantastic to finally have some REAL info. 2008 being the 50th Anniversary will certainly make it special for everything to be happening and to have 3 movies is even better.

:balloons: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :balloons:

As smurf collectors, I know there were some worries about the decline in some of the lines of buildings and playsets but it does look like IMPS have been planning for this BIG year for a while so I think we should have a few new things to look forward to. :badger:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby WoolMintons » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:54 pm
This may sound stupid, but my French teacher's husband is Gerard Baldwin, [b]the[/b] only award-winning producer of the smurf show. He's alive and well in Houston, and wondering how he can get in on helping make the movie as good as it can be. The last time someone made a movie without consulting the original guys, it turned out pretty bad.

Any ideas of how to contact someone with Paramount?

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:01 pm
This may sound stupid, but my French teacher's husband is Gerard Baldwin
Hi WoolMintons

Welcome to the forum. Hey that sounds really cool about your association with Gerard's wife and it would be great if he could visit us here sometime and tell us a bit about his experience with the Smurf Show.....do you mean the Smurf Cartoons? If you could drag him onto here to say hello and tell us some stories then we would love to hear from him and what he has to say.....i am sure there would be a lot of questions we would love to ask.

Unfortunately being in Australia I don't have any contacts with Paramount in the US....wish I did though.....I reckon I could do a dopey smurf voice really well :)

Nice to hear from you and please let us know if Gerard would come and say hello to us all...I am sure we would all love to hear from him.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:03 am
Hi WoolMintons, welcome aboard. :welcome:

That is facinating you have this connection as Dyar says and yes it would be fab if Gerad could also visit us here. I am afraid also I am at a loss as to how would be the best way for Gerad to get in touch with the right people, possibly either through the Paramount company website or possibly contacting IMPS the company who license smurfs. :-?

Thanks for letting us know the info, interesting stuff. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby swarlock » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:03 pm
If the Smurf movie is going to be made I hope they treat it gingerly.

Movie adaptions on shows and books don't always go as smoothly as intented.

Take for example the new Charlie and The Chovolate Factory. :banghead:
Friendship is everything.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:08 pm
I read an interview with Roald Dahl's wife which said how pleased she was with the movie, she said that her husband hated the original version and would have loved Johnny Depp in the role because he played the character perfectly.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:08 pm
I've not seen the movie by the way so can't comment personally. :D

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:16 am
I was hanging out with friends this weekend and one mentioned the Smurf movie and none of those friends even know I collect smurfs -- so word is getting around to the general non-smurfing public as well :)
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby swarlock » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:16 pm
I read an interview with Roald Dahl's wife which said how pleased she was with the movie, she said that her husband hated the original version and would have loved Johnny Depp in the role because he played the character perfectly.
I'm glad she spoke up for him. To each their own I say.
Friendship is everything.

Postby XoioX2000 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:52 am
The 2008 movie is now listed on IMDB:

Not much info for now, but that's usually a good place to find out about the casting...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472181/
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:22 am
Thanks David, I've added that link to my Smurf Movie page. :D

Postby Fram » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:09 am
Paramount buys Dreamworks.

Now, thinking further: Paramount wants to make a 3D CGI Smurfs movie. Dreamworks is the studio that made Shrek. Hmm, this can get interesting :cool:
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:11 am
And if you remember, someone from Dreamworks Studios recently bought a smurf from me. :cheers:

Postby Fram » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:54 am
Perhaps it is your Smurf that cliched the deal!

"Paramount? Nah, we aren't interested..."
"But we have the rights to the Smurfs!"
"Snurps? What are those?"
"Look here, at Kittyscavern"
"Oh well, I'll buy one and give it a look. Don't call us, we'll call you".

After receiving the great package from Karen...

"Paramount? Dreamworks here. We have thought a bit about this, and it's allright, you can buy us. Just let us make that Smurf movie!"
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:37 am
I know little about what's going there, but I suppose we have to see that as a good thing that Paramount is pourring some money in Dreammworks.

Dreamworks were in serious financial trouble following a few movies which were not succesfull to the scale they had gambled on. I am sorry to say that Wallace and Gromit, although very successfull in the UK, did not get the ticket sales Dreamworks wanted to offset a large loss caused from a previous movie: I think it was Shrek 2 that caused the initial problem.

So let's hope that it's good news for Dreamworks.
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 1 of 3

Login