Home of the Smurf Community

Contests, quizzes and smurf games.
Page 2 of 10

Postby SuperJen » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:58 pm
Will I get paid for doing this?
I didn't write that :eek: what's going on :eek: HPH :x was that you :eek:

Sorry Linda, I didn't ask that question ....... I'm very confused now....
:star: SUPERJEN :star: :eye: I've got my eye on you

Postby SuperJen » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:00 am
Maybe I did write it :eek: but I was joking :) sorry for the accusation HPH :hug: but I wouldn't put it past you :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:41 am
Never once would I do that to you Jen........although I might of done it twice :D

Yes that was me...and also the bit about keeping the smurf.....I thought you wanted to sound like me....SORRY JEN......PLEASE DON'T KILL ME......OR TAKE MY SMURFS.......OR GET ABBY OR ANYONE ELSE TO DO IT EITHER......I WILL BE GOOD......ALTHOUGH I CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING OF COURSE AS IT WOULD BE UNATURAL AND I THINK I WOULD CRACK ANYWAY......PLUS I WOULDN'T KNOW WHO I WAS OR WHAT WALL TO PUT MY NOSE ON IF NO ONE TOLD ME OR EVEN WHEN TO TAKE MY HANDS OFF MY HEAD....SO BEING NAUGHTY GUIDES ME AND LETS ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING.

Dyar

Postby Tojo » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:01 am
I could manage Frankfurt, there are some great sites to see here :D

btw, when are you planning on starting this?

Tojo
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby SuperJen » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Yes that was me...and also the bit about keeping the smurf.....Dyar
:yikes: :yikes: I see that now :yikes: :yikes:

that's ok :x it's fine :x don't worry :x tell me :x do you have trouble sleeping at nights?

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:07 pm
do you have trouble sleeping at nights?
Not until I read your post SJ.....now is the worrying time :rolling:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:20 am
Well I am ready to start as soon as possible:

Linda: Bunbury, WA, AU
Yonna: Helsinki, Finland
Tojo: Frankfurt, Germany
Steveparkes: Nottingham, UK
Smurf1303: Oxford, UK
Graham: Liverpool, UK
Attom: Toronto, Canada
Eggie: Delaware, US
Syd/Dyar: Sydney, AU
Jen: Melbourne, AU
Linda: Bunbury WA AU

How does that list sound to start with? I thought if I send it off to Europe first and work its way around there and then to Canada and the States and back again. If anyone else wants to volunteer I will just slot you in where it fits. I will make the passport on the weekend and hopefully post it Monday. Once I've made the passport etc I will post pics and clearer instructions.

If everyone just PMs the person on the list AFTER them and ask for their address to send it to once the smurf arrives that will be the easiest way I think. So Yonna can you PM me your address? and I will post him off come Monday.

Once again thanks to all the volunteers. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Linda
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby Yonna » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:13 am
I'm the first on the list!! :shock:
Pressure.... :banghead:
I'll send the PM....huh! :stars:

By the way, what was decided about the pictures? Do I send them to you Linda or what? Do I send them as I send the smurf to his next location? :-? And is there a request what is put to the passport?
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:56 pm
Ok heres all the information you should need. I will add any as I go along if need be and I will enclose the instructions with the package as well.

1. When you receive the smurf please take at least one and no more than 5 photos of him in or around where you live. Famous landmarks would be great but just your backyard will be fine also :D
2. Email the photos to smurfaroundtheworld@stannes.wa.edu.au This is an email that I have set up at our school and will be able to access.
3. If you'd like to write a little story about the smurf and his adventures at your place that would be great also. Anything interesting about where you live would also be helpful. For example: the temperature that day, how to say hello in your native language, how many pets you have etc.
4. Fill in a page in the passport however you like. I was going to date the first page so we can see when he left and maybe find some kind of stamp or sticker to stick on it.
5. PM the person next on the list to get their address and post him (airmail) on when you're ready. I'm anticipating that each person keeps him a few days in order to have time to photograph him.

When I have talked to the computer technician at school next week I will let you know about where I will be putting the photos when they arrive and the stories if any as I think it'd be nice for everyone to track where hes going and what hes been up to. I'm pretty sure I will be able to put them on the school website or a space there somewhere. If not I will set up a geocities one.

Thanks again everyone.

Linda

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:22 am
Hi Linda

I've skim read this thread because I am catching up but basically wanted to say count me in. I'm not sure whether to say Peterborough or Stamford, I will probably do a photo from each place.

:-D

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:06 am
Hello there Linda ! now's that we can see who our little smurf is, i think you or phil shud give him a name ! what do you reckon ? :-D :beer:

Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:06 am
Oh that passport looks so cute. Can't wait, it's just cutting it down to 5 photos really!

Postby Bunno Smurf » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:02 am
Ok revised list to add Karen in :D

Karen: Peterborough, UK

Helen, feel free to send more than five pics if you want. Just try to make the pics pretty small images so they don't take up too much room. We have a DSL connection at school so it is a pretty high internet speed and can handle a bit.

Great idea about the name Graham....any suggestions? Ozzie?? or Ocker?? They're pretty aussie names :) or maybe Harvey?? (the town the school is in is called Harvey.)

I've attached a pic of part of our school so you can see where the smurf will start his journey from. This is looking from the staffroom/office towards the junior primary classes. I will try to find some pictures of some landmarks around Harvey and post also. We did have a giant orange but I think it is falling down now :eek:

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:38 am
The name shud be your choice Linda, it is all your making after all ! but the names you have chosen are good, just leave a card in the parcel with his name on ! cant wait for him to turn up ! :-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:42 am
oh, another question, has he been potty trained ? i know Karen will train him to use a bucket ! lol ( sorry Special K ) :-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:23 pm
Still catching up I am afraid. Linda, what a great idea, if you would like the little fella to visit Wales, please count me in. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Bunno Smurf » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:34 am
Ok Revised list II to add Rachel in. (Edit: and David and Rae)

Rachel: Wales, UK
David: Milton Keynes, UK
Karen: Peterborough, UK
Rae: South Australia, AU

The smurf has been posted today and is on his way to Finland. I doubt I will be lucky enough for another 4 day flight to Europe so he should arrive in about a week I'd say. The package weighed 200g but I put a little extra surprise in for you, Yonna, seeing how you are first. Also I packed him in a box which added to the weight. Please feel free to send him in a padded envelope if that is cheaper for you.

Linda

PS: No name in the package Gray as I sent it before I read this. Lets just call him Ozzie Junior (OJ). Harvey is well know for its oranges and orange juice ;)

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:02 am
ok everybody......... remember the little blue dude is called ozzie junior ( OJ) good name linda ! :-D :beer:

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:50 am
I used to have a cat called Ossie so that is easy for me to remember!

Postby XoioX2000 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:46 am
AArrrghhh!!!! How did I miss this thread until today???????????? :eek:

Linda, if it's not too late count me in!

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave
Page 2 of 10

Login