Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:40 am

About DSK: some of you can remeber my image at fairs with the book in my hands, can´t you? When I begin to collect smurfs again, I considered the book was the Bible ( as Dennis says :) )...I actually use the book as a orientative book, to see promos and markings variation...I don´t know the writers of the book and know nothing about their collections or reputation...IMHO, I think there is a lot of repainted smurfs on that book, and this is the only question to worry: that people think that a smurf , for being described at the book is original!!!

Joaquin, you are right there, the problem is that new collectors tend to start out with the DSK as THE book which is true. I am glad to hear that you have noticed that there were some things questionable to say the least. When I started it was exactly the same, but I was made to see the light by people as TinTin!!

Dennis.
Hi Dennis, I think you have made many very sensible points and I totally agree with your points of view. :-D

I like your comparison of the DSK to the real bible, when you think about it you are 100% correct, although I did have a laugh when I read your comparison. For a long time I have tried to explain to smurfers that this isn't an official source, really it is just a number of private collections and it is up to us as collectors to decide whether all of these collections are presented by honest people. :D

Thank You for confirming my translation of the auction. :thanks2:
I fully agree to everything being said before, since the DSK have been adding many questionable, if not fake smurf variations to their catalogues within the last years (e.g. Karamalz and blue skipping rope smurfette),
I do not consider the DSK being the smurf bible as well.
I think George (Ösi) put it in great words: It is a catalogue written professional smurf sellers in order to make more people fond of smurfs and to sell off many of their smurfs. However, I won't condemn any professional smurf seller. On the one hand, it's great to have a book, which offers many pics and the catalogue number of each of the normals and supers, on the other hand, it was easier to come across many variations by accident (eg. if you found two of a kind at one fleamarket stall).

Within the last months, I learned so much more from any of the websites, I visited as well as from any of your postings. For instance, I did not anything about "Musters", before I joined you. I hope, that I'm able to answer your question as best as I can,too.
Page 2 of 2

Login