Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Tojo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:45 am
That's amazing to see just how much the red has faded in such a relatively short time. If you do any more experiments like this we'll have to call you Professor Staci :)
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:26 pm
That's amazing to see just how much the red has faded in such a relatively short time. If you do any more experiments like this we'll have to call you Professor Staci :)
:haha:

Welllll I have another experiment on another smurf going at the moment but I am not ready to unveil the results yet....I'll keep you all posted :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:13 pm
Don't ya mean Profishor Stace :teaching: :dory:

"Every women needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle" ....sorry, just have had that song in my head today

Dyar

Postby FlamingO » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:56 pm
Those faded mushrooms look great - you got yourself a sale :)

Look forward to your next smurf experiment - any clues ?
makes me think they are newly made.
Out of interest does anyone have any opinion / info on just how many different smurfs are possibly 'newly made' ? I'm waiting on some ''brand new'' smurfs at the moment and I'm not quite sure what I'll be getting :-? :-D

And just my opinion, but I think that the bright yellow umbrella smurf looks pretty cool whatever its origins. As long as it was well made and didn't loose paint easily I'd be happy with one 8) :D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:13 pm
Thanks for posting it Stace :hug:

I am a bit shocked how evenly it faded....and no matter if the real thing exists or not, it will be nearly impossible to differentiate it from the faded one :shock: :shock:

Do you still have them out in the sun, Stace to see if they would turn a more yellowly orange? and did the pvc remain intact and no cracks from drying in the sun?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Pitufo » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:20 pm
Hi, Staci!!!!!Thanks for sharing with us your experiments...I am a chemistry and I really like to do experiments :) :) :) :) , and even with these wonderful and evident results!!!!!!!

Hope to see your new experiment soon!!!!!!

These are one of the things I like the most in this forum: to learn :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:35 pm
@maureen.... the difference is still so big between the faded and the yellow variation... believe the real one is really a luric yellow

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:24 am
Do you still have them out in the sun, Stace to see if they would turn a more yellowly orange? and did the pvc remain intact and no cracks from drying in the sun?
They are still in the sun as I am fading the first one underneath still. The PVC is perfectly fine....I removed the umbrella from the first one so the smurf has been inside and on the second one, I wrapped the smurf in aluminum foil to protect him against the elements. Now who knows if in the future the umbrella will dry out but I highly doubt it.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Rachel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:34 pm
Hi Stace, Thank You so much for doing this experiment and posting the results. :adore:

These rumours have been around for a long time and I have heard about the fading but I have never seen the results in pics and I have to admit, I am quite shocked at just how quickly the mushrooms have faded and how even the colour seems to have faded too.

Well I think I am fairly convinced now. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Pitufo » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:23 pm
Hi!!!!!!I can´t say 100% sure if the smurf does exist...Perhaps there are some as prototype, but all of them we can see on ebay are fake...I only have seen one of them at a fair: 90 euros is too muchfor a suspicious smurf...

If someone here has this yellow smurf and he is sure it is an original...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!Sometimes you love a smurf so much, that never mind if it is original or not...The only problem is that nobody becomes a rich guy with the money of a honest collector

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
JOAQUÍN
Page 2 of 2

Login