Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 pm
Pondering about this smurf and wondered if anyone has a non-Hong Kong version as haven't found one so far? If so are there any differences?

Also is the lilac one in DSK IV p88 genuine, I remember past discussions about this but can't remember where the discussion ended?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:59 pm
I am not sure if there is one, Helen :-?

I checkedDyar'ssite (the note is very helpful to see if your computer is working correctly or not :D ) and also mine but none of us has one.

I did read somewhere that the baseball smurfs were made primarily for the US market, in which case it would explain why there isn't a W.Germany version of the smurf :D

In regards to the lilac variation...I'd say it's up for debate and probably one of the more controversial veriations :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Gerda » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:08 am
I've never seen a variation to this smur either, not even a color difference. I agree with maureen the lilac one is up for debate,

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Lia » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm
oh,but the liliac variation definetely exists!
I have seen it in an important collection of a friend, but I`m not sure if I `m allowed to show his picture, but it exists!

Lia

Postby Gerda » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:52 pm
oh,but the liliac variation definetely exists!
I have seen it in an important collection of a friend, but I`m not sure if I `m allowed to show his picture, but it exists!

Lia
could you ask him nicely if we can see pictures :o

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:10 pm
:) :)

Let me rephrase my reply :D

I don't doubt that a valid version of the lilac baseball catcher exists, but I personally wouldn't count it as a variation but more as a prototype.

A variation means for me that it's something that can be pursied by me because there exist a considerable amount of it (i.e. the blue Captain which is rare but still attainable). A prototype for me is a smurf that was released by Schleich but exists in a very limited amount. They are in the DSK (why would they be in there if somebody had just painted them) but are so rare that I would never actively pursue them or buy them online. I probably would count any smurfs in this category that their owners are afraid to show openly on here because they might get a lot of offers of potential buyers, which frankly is a shame :???:

This is why I said, it's up to debate...yes, it probably exists (as verified by Lia) but it's so rare that I don't doubt there are more fakes of this version than actual "genuine" versions out there :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:28 pm
@maureen

Bully had produced over 800000 smurf per month. So only a an amount of a small series of 5000 pieces ins looking unique to the mass of produced smurfs.

Also this baseball catcher will exists (maybe) more often most people think..
Martin has one :cheers:
Page 1 of 1

Login