Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Rachel » Wed May 16, 2007 3:03 pm
Hi guys, after having a little chat with Graham about markings it got me (and him) thinking that I am not sure if I have ever seen a list of all the different countries that smurfs have been produced in.

I suppose there is probably need for a complete list including fakes but as many of these don't have the country of production as a permemnant mark a list of officially licensed smurfs with a country mark is a good start. :D

The Argentinian mini models were officially licensed so can be included but I am not sure about other markings such as the Brazil hering marks and a few others so I would love any info or help anyone can give.

Knowing me, I am probably going to forget one or two so all input and suggestions welcomed pleeeeeeeeease. :?

Again, I am not 100% sure of the correct order in terms of years of production so any info would be wonderful. I have no idea when the Argentina smurfs were produced so if anyone knows this, please let us know. :D

W. Germany
Hong Kong
Portugal
Sri Lanka
Macau
Argentina
China
Germany

It is very difficult to tell exactly when each country was producing but it does look like the first figures that were not produced in W. Germany & Hong Kong and only in Portugal etc. were first released around 1985 but some of them have year marks going back to around 1982.

I haven't even thought about all the makers and licensers to be included here. That is probably enough for another post or two. :shock: :lol:

Any more info we can add? :-? :pleasehelp:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Wed May 16, 2007 3:20 pm
Another good topic Rachel, i'll leave this for the experts to answer ! I'll enjoy reading everyone's answer's of course :D

:-D :beer:
Postby Simon X » Wed May 16, 2007 3:20 pm
Hi, that's a good topic an list! I don't have anything to add. :D
Again, I am not 100% sure of the correct order in terms of years of production so any info would be wonderful. I have no idea when the Argentina smurfs were produced so if anyone knows this, please let us know. :D
I only found e a very imprecis date in an auction, but better than nothing...

ANTIGUO PITUFO MINIMODELS ARGENTINA EXCELENTE ESTADO ORIGINAL PEYO DECADA DEL ' 80

So they seem to be made in the 80ties, if the information is right. But someone here has to know a more precisely date..! :) :D

Postby Rachel » Wed May 16, 2007 3:27 pm
Thanks Graham, it was down to chatting with you about markings got me thinking. :D
ANTIGUO PITUFO MINIMODELS ARGENTINA EXCELENTE ESTADO ORIGINAL PEYO DECADA DEL ' 80

So they seem to be made in the 80ties, if the information is right. But someone here has to know a more precisely date..!
Hi Simon, Thanks for the info. That was more than I knew before so it is a great start. :thanks2:

Postby Tintin » Wed May 16, 2007 3:50 pm
Hi Rachel

Since you wright W Germany and Germany how about the HK ones.

You have Made in Hong Kong, just Hong Kong, Hong Kong W Berrie& co,
and Hongkong W.B.Co. ?? :-?

Tintin

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu May 17, 2007 12:33 am
Interesting topic Rach. I once made a complete list of every marking I had come across (country and distributors) for my website but I know I have come across a few others in the last 8 months that I wasn't aware of.

It's not a country but the GB promo smurf has Brussels in the markings which is something a little different......couldn't think of any other countries off the top of my head though.....if I do I will add to it of course....it wouldn't surprise me if we have missed at least one of the little buggers :)

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Thu May 17, 2007 1:51 pm
I once made a complete list of every marking I had come across (country and distributors) for my website but I know I have come across a few others in the last 8 months that I wasn't aware of.
I think I need to sit down one day and try and figure out all of our markings too. Maybe when I am redoing the smurf markings page on Blue Imps. :D

I will look forward to hearing about your newly discovered markings. :-D

Since you wright W Germany and Germany how about the HK ones.

You have Made in Hong Kong, just Hong Kong, Hong Kong W Berrie& co,
and Hongkong W.B.Co. ??
Hi Tintin, I really only mentioned W, Germany and Germany because during the years, the unification of West and East Germany happened so therefore "technically" the name of the country changed. :D

I agree it would be lovely to make a list with all the markings such as Hong Kong W Berrie etc. :-D

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 am
bump
:dory: Staci :dory:
Page 1 of 1

Login