Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Simon X » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm
Today I have been in Hannover and looked for smurfs with the new markings in the shop Karstadt (a very big and serious chain of stores)...
They had around 5 pieces of every smurf of the actual product line (some with the new markings). But then I found one Hong Kong Fake of 2.0701 Jubilee Smurf and one of 2.0704 Surprise Smurfette... :eek:
Can anyone (e.g. Schleicher) explain that?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:37 pm
I wonder if someone switched them out? :-?

It would be interesting to see if the cashier was able to scan the tag. If so, it means the product came from the supplier (Schleich?), if not then it is likely somebody switched them out for "real" smurfs :eek:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Simon X » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:48 pm
Indeed the cashier has scanned the tag (I have bought the Jubilee Fake)... :???:

Postby stampysmurf » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:22 pm
Can you post a picture of it? Thanks.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 am
That's a nightmare!!! :eek: :shock: Hope you will be given a refund, Simon.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:05 am
That's really odd, Simon :scratchinghead:

I've noticed them at the fair in Stuttgart (still sealed like the HK sellers ship them out) and were wondering how long it would take before sellers on fleamarkets and fairs are selling them as genuine items but never thought a department store would sell them :eek:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cassiebsg » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:59 am
That's a scary thing Simon! :redcard:

Maybe you should go there and have a talk with the responsible for the department. Not good that they're selling fake smurfs. :banghead:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Tojo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:40 pm
This really is very worrying indeed Simon :shock:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Simon X » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:40 pm
You're right Tojo, I really wonder how the smurfs came in the store. Maybe I will write an E-Mail to Schleich or better to Karstadt Hannover.
Hope you will be given a refund, Simon.
Oh, I knew it, when I bought it. ;)

Here is the picture (on the right the fake with "Made in China").

Postby Tojo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:36 am
I'm going to Karstadt in Frankfurt next week so I shall look to see if this has happened there as well.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Schleicher » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:41 pm
I have no explanation for this and find it very odd...

Postby André » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:21 pm
Hi Schleicher,

where have you been I have been missing you here. :D :lol:

I remember you told me you have many Schleichcatalogues.

Have you ever seen any catalogues or posters from the time Schleich started with the smurfs? I mean from the time before 1973.

I am trying to sort the "geschlumpfe" ( buildings, cottages, playsets etc.) and trying to figure out which year everything was sold.
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby FlamingO » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:09 pm
Eeew! I came across a fake Frankenstein the other day and thought it was actually a pretty good copy except for being so rock hard material . But I've just seen this anniversary smurf pic and it looks a bit like a night out slightly merry smurf and then a night out completely sloshed smurf :-? :cheerz:
Page 1 of 1

Login