Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:26 pm
I heard from a smurf friend that had placed an order for the new articulated figures pack wave 4 (these are the ones that are suppose to have the king and so on) Well he placed the order through entertainment earth and it was cancelled and the reason that was given was that the manufacturer was no longer producing them. :shock: I sure hope that is not the case as I want more smurfs If it is true they only have themselves to blame because there was NO advertising of any sorts that smurfs where even around and available in stores. :banghead:

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby bwalters » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:33 pm
That would be really bad news. I didn't even see any store adds with them on it. The only way you knew they existed is if someone told you, or you ran accross them in a store. If it hadn't been for you guys and dolls I would have never known about them. Of course I would be a rich man by now also. :) :) :)
Mr Bill

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:39 pm
If they are no longer producing them because of law sales, then I blame the stores for that because they were selling pretty well around here. I noticed though that the smurfs never seemed to get restocked so once they were out...there was no easy way to get more of them. :-?

Not sure how you expect to get great sales figures if you don't restock the items that sell. :o

People did see the smurfs in the stores even without advertisement. I had several friends who told me about them and I wasn't the only one around here buying them. I bought a lot of them...but I always left enough for others which usually was gone the next time I went to look for new items :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:22 pm
My TRU has done a pretty good job of restocking. I went early when the sports, bakery, and others came out I bought all they had. Three days later there were more on the shelves I bought some of those too. When the windmills hit the store I bought all they had less than a week later there were 5 of them. The only thing they can't seem to get rid of is the 50th anniversary plush. I bet there is still 15 left.
Mr Bill

Postby Cassiebsg » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:16 am
Over here they never got wave 2 or re-stocked. :(
Though they sold most of what they got (think there was a few cars left).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby stampysmurf » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:26 am
I hope they still come out with the wave 4 set, was anyone able to get them? If they don't produce them would the few that they did for photos, etc. become an extremely rare item?
Page 1 of 1

Login