Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby André » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 am
Gerda,

I will give you a hint. It is in all catalogues 1980, 81 and 82. It is an early version, probably among the first versions. Goes in a first version box.

Can only be found ones or maybe twice a year on ebay. :o

When I check the websites I only find it on your website. I think you know which I mean now Gerda. :o
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby André » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:17 am
OK Gerda,

I don´t know if you have read my answer, but I post the pictures now.

It is a version of the cottage which was only sold for a short time and maybe only in some countries. If you look at the displays they show the green roof cottage with painted red butterfly. First one picture in catalogues 1980 and then one other picture, but the same in both 1981 and 1982. It is hard to see but look close. :lol:

My guess is that only the green roofed cottage had the red butterfly and the red roofed cottage had yellow butterfly. To me it also seems that the red roof almost always goes with a heartshaped hole in the door, eventhough the picture don´t say this. I believe that before the Smurfette cottage was sold, the red cottage was like "smurfettes" one. :-?

I have never seen the redmaterial old butterfly with blue painted parts, with other roofcolours then green. And therefore it was great that it is like this in the catalogue.

The painted red butterfly is identical with the yellow painted one. Not like the later butterflies with thicker feeders and thinner wings.

André

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Gerda » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:28 pm
are you talking the horse with rubber band reigns? :-?

I have one of those chickens that is shown in the brown boxes too, found that in a junk pile at a rummage sale, only picked it up because I thought it was cute :)
happily smurfing along

Postby André » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:11 pm
No Gerda, :lol: :lol:

I already told it in the earlier post. But as usual I wasn´t making myself understood. :lol:

And maybe you have already seen pictures of the cottage with red material butterfly with blue painted parts before??? :-? For me this was the first time. And it tells me that it was sold like this and is an early version of the cottage. Do you remember that I asked you where you got it and you told me it was originally from France, together with the red flower with the gate. 2 of mine are also from France.

I have not seen many of them so I believe they are rare?? :-? :lol:

Look at these pictures and then you maybe understand.

André

Postby angelsmurf » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:25 pm
André, you have eagle eyes and know what to look for :shock: :D
As you see when you check the articlenumbers, this is the first time there are "holes" in the articlenumbersorder. Some suddenly are missing.
This only happened once before and that was because they changed 20032 ( icehockey) from a normal to a super and it was never sold as a normal and super at the same time.

The reason for this is that some smurfs was released this year but in other countries. Because this is only the german catalogue.

My guess something like this:
20136( US or UK)
20138( France)
20145, just painted in caalogue ( France)
20146( US)
20147( US)
20148 ( ???)
20149 ( US)
20150 ( Australia or US?)
20151( US)

40019, windmillplayset ( France)

What do you think?
2.0146 Baseball Catcher and
2.0150 Australian Football

never appeared in German Dealer Catalogues, and they were displayed in
the Schleich Figuren Buch only by mistake (so it was written to me in a
letter from Schleich), they are desired for the US Market, not for
Germany.

The other ones appeared in 1983 Catalogue, be prepared, I will upload it
at weekend.

I have 4.0019 windmillplayset in my Collection, German writing on box,
but can't say any year at the moment.

There are 4 skipped numbers in the first number lines which were never
officially produced (so it was written to me in a letter from Schleich):

2.0219 Surprise other coloured bag than pink
2.0220 Surprise other coloured bag than pink
4.0244 Kettcar Smurf (like a Go-Cart, but chain driven with pedals)
4.0251 Smurf in Racecar => splitted into 4.0255 red / 4.0256 silver Racecar
though I smurf in the darkest valley I have no fear.
cause in this valley I could be the smurfiest!

keep on smurfin'
angelsmurf

Postby Gerda » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:46 pm
No Gerda, :lol: :lol:

I already told it in the earlier post. But as usual I wasn´t making myself understood. :lol:

And maybe you have already seen pictures of the cottage with red material butterfly with blue painted parts before??? :-? For me this was the first time. And it tells me that it was sold like this and is an early version of the cottage. Do you remember that I asked you where you got it and you told me it was originally from France, together with the red flower with the gate. 2 of mine are also from France.

I have not seen many of them so I believe they are rare?? :-? :lol:

Look at these pictures and then you maybe understand.
i think I posted just as you did because the butterfly did not post before mine as I looked... you have better eyes than I do as I missed that completly :)
happily smurfing along
Page 2 of 2

Login