Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Simon X » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:02 pm
Hi,
In the last few weeks I have bought some interesting smurfs for cheap prices on ebay. Among them there are three following smurfs:

1. 2.0013 Lute
This smurf is in a really bad state, but I have never seen this variation before: The lute is red and the strings are yellow. Besides, the smurf has got a key chain. In the DSK this variation is mentioned (without picture) and I'm proud of him despite of its condition.

2. 2.0074 King
This smurf is really confusing me...The cape is painted red and I have no idea whether it is a repaint or not. :-? Has anyone seen this variation before?

3. 2.0035 Soccer
This is a soccer smurf I have also seen on some other smurfy websites with the colours light red-white-light red. He has got a yellow paintdot below his feet, but no dot on his shirt. Does anyone know what a team the smurf is presenting? No Bundesliga (because of the yellow paint dot) and probably no Premier League Player (no dot on shirt)...Maybe a national team?

Postby Lia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm
I don`t know any of your wonderful smurfs Simon.
But a big compliment to you for finding them! :D

Lia

Postby Tojo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:12 pm
Well done on finding so many interesting smurfs Simon.

Sorry that I can't help you with any information on them though.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Cassiebsg » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:22 pm
Could the Soccer be representing Denmark? Think I've see that being sold as Danish team on QXL... :-?

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby bundleofkent » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:15 am
Hi Simon

great smurfs you really are talented at getting these rare ones!

1. Very very rare indeed, only in these colours as a keyring. Don't let this go it is mega rare. There is also a variation with silver strings but not a keyring.

2. Don't know!! Try picking a little bit of red paint off to look underneath-that is what i do when i'm not sure-you might be pleasantly surprised!

3. You are right this is a UK release. No-one knows for sure which teams they represent!! A mystery. However this one might simply be a faded darker red one or just that one with a different shade of red. Not all the UK releases had dots on the shirt,some did some did not...

Hope this helps

Are they ebay auctions?

Martin

Postby Pitufo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:04 am
I agree...Red and yellow lute is SO NICE!!!!!!

I have never seen before the red cape king smurf...It could be repainted or just a different coloured smurf...Anyway, another interesting piece...CONGRATULATIONS
JOAQUÍN

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 am
Wow...great new smurfs again, Simon.

If you decide to test the King smurf, please let us know. I'd be interested to see what the outcome is.

As to the lute....:smitten: Like Martin said...don't let this one go :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Beers » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:01 am
Hello Simon !

Very very nice smurfs mate ! Very happy for you that you have these ! That lute is beautiful and the king looks great in those colours !
The footballer looks to be a paint variation, and if it's the same one, i have it too, but in any case, its a very nice one to own, as all footballers are ! :lol:

Take care and happy collecting :D
:stupidsmurf:

Postby André » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:04 pm
Great smurfs Simon!!

Keep them safe, keep them hidden!!! You are the Lord of the keyring-smurfs, Simon! :o
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby CapriSmurf » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:44 pm
:cheers: Hmmmm. Always presumed that the ones without the spot on the shirt was either England or Liverpool, but now you mention it the shirts are orange? Having looked at my Red/white ones with a white spot on the shirt I notice that some have red socks and some have blue socks, described as USA Team.

Postby Simon X » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:23 am
Thanks for all your comments on my smurfs! It seems like I have found some really great smurfs. :-D

@bundleofkent:
All the three smurfs are ebay bargains from different sellers.
It would not make sense to pick off the red colour of the king, because both the colour of the material and the colour that should be there normally are white. So, I tried to pick off a little bit of the white colour on the back side and there was no red colour under it. Neverthelesss, I am still doubtful about this variation (Maybe I did not pick off enough of the colour, because I don't want to damage him).

@ Cassiebsg: If it was a National team smurf he could be Danish, but there is already a danish soccer player with a white ball with black spots. Maybe these variations are just mixed up.
Page 1 of 1

Login