Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Macbee » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:39 pm
Hi! Do you have any info on this toy?

It was my gift on 1984's Christmas. I got Papa Smurf and my 2-years old sister got a Smurfette. I believe we don't have Smurfette anymore but I'll try to find her.

As far as I remember the only place selling these Smurfs was a small toy store in Porto Alegre (the city where I live) called CATAVENTO. These Smurfs didn't came in a case or had any kind of protective box. This store sold them as loose toys.

I guess the company that made it is called SKINKESUL (this name doesn't make any sense even to me) and seems to be located here in Porto Alegre. Since BIG toy companies are only located in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo I guess these Smurfs had very limited distribution.

And the most important: they're licensed products!

I am NOT sure about this but I have a vague memory of having to choose between Papa and that annoying Smurf with glasses (that used to fell upside-down in the floor after being punched in cartoon) for Christmas.

Postby bradley » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 pm
never seen a plush like this one. Surprised it is actually licensed. Would be interesting to see a photo of the Smurfette. But that papa isn't the nicest looking plush ever made.. hehe.. a bit funny looking. Thanks for sharing.

Postby André » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:05 am
Great smurf Marcelo! :D

I like the beard very much! If it wasn´t for the marking I would guess this papa was made in Germany.
He would fit perfectly on a bench in the octoberfest in Munich with all the other "beerdrinking Papas"! :beer: :-D And if you look at the eyes of this papa he looks like he had a few beers already. :lol:
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Tojo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:24 am
That is a very interesting plush Papa :-D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:
Page 1 of 1

Login