Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Lia » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 pm
I bought the newest groom and bride today, because I like the new markings on them.
When I compared the markings of the groom, I noticed that one smurf had 1 hole under the feet, the second one had none and the new one had 2 holes.
Is this a mold matter?

Lia
Attachments
Bräutigam 3 diff markings.jpg
Bräutigam 3 diff markings.jpg (25.3 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

Postby André » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 pm
I asked Schleicher about this and I am not sure what the answer was.
I remember he first thought it was made by some tool sometimes used for removing the smurf from the mold. But that I think we came to the conclusion was not the case.

I think it is a mold matter. I assume they are the same on all brides from today with the same cavitynumber?? The easiest thing would be to check all on the shelves in the stores?? :-D :lol: Then we don´t have to buy them! :o
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby smurfowen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:25 pm
Previous years they used to have the holes so that they fitted on something. Then they started useing the holes for the colour paint marking. Maybe Schleich has an untold secret why the new ones have these.
Smurfowen
Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride.

Postby Lia » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:03 pm
Thanks André and Pierre!

Only the groom has holes, the brides don`t.
If ever I`ll find a smurfshop, I`ll check the cavities.

I`d love to phantasize over Schleich`s secrets! :-)

Lia

Postby Tintin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:07 am
Hi

I rather like to know all the Schleich secrets :smile:

Tintin
Page 1 of 1

Login