Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Pitufo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:13 am
Hi, everyone!!!!!When I was a child, I had a nr 10 set, but it had lots of part that were lost, the ribbon was broken, and finally it dissapeared... :-? :-? :-?I have bought this weekend another one ( I honestly think it was cheap for suc an odd piece...)It is from a collector:the box is new, and it has all the parts without using...I opened the box and apparently all was ok, even the ribbon...Today I have tried to put all the parts together, and when I have attempted to "hook" the ribbon....crack....broken...It has not been a problem of the seller, becuase he has not used this set like me ( I am an odd collector: I don´t like to have the sets, buildings,and super in boxes...It has no sense for me...)...If the set is in the box for lots of year, with the heat, the ribbon is getting eroded, and finally CRACK!!!! I am not sure what kind of rubber/gum the ribbon is, but this a general problem with this kind of polymer...

Now, I have a similar nr 10 set as Steve :) :) :) Has anybody this set since a few years and it continues being new?
JOAQUÍN

Postby steveparkes » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:22 am
Hi Joaquin, I think it is a problem with this set..it happens alot..when I got on on ebay, which was in a mint box, it had a broken band..I managed to pick up a replacement from Xavier at the weekend..which was a really good price, I am now going to photograph it and then put it away and try to keep it intact.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:37 pm
Hi Joaquin, I agree with Steve that this seems to be a very common problem with this playset. I bought mine from Hugofillia on ebay a long time ago and it was all new but after putting it together I noticed the band was very brittle and likely to completely split if it stayed on.

So I took it off and used a strip of green sugar paper to replace it which seems to look just as fine as the original and actually much stronger. :-D

Congrats on getting a replacement from Xavier Steve, he has lots of spare items I got at passion....... :)

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby naish510 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:42 pm
Hello Joaquin, the number 10 playset is more expensive then the other ones because it breaks so quickly , so you should better keep it in the box, i left mine in the box !!! :D

Postby Michelle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:34 pm
It will crack every time you'll put this set toghether.

Don't make this only one time, he will crack again.
I have my expierences to. I know it's pitty but leef the set in his box, no risk to damage it.

Michelle

Postby samismurf » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:09 pm
wat parts crak on this playset?
sam the deal finder :sherlock:

Postby Pitufo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:24 pm
wat parts crak on this playset?
All the sets I have seen are broken for the ribbon!!!!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby samismurf » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:25 pm
oh i see
sam the deal finder :sherlock:

Postby Rachel » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:32 pm
I am sorry to hear about the breakage but as I think you have probably gathered this does seem to be a problem with this set. I still do not have it so I haven't had this bad experience but I am sure it will happen one day. :D

Steve, that sounds like a great idea with the sugar paper, I will have to remember that one. :-D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login