Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby bradley » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:16 am
hello. It's great to see this discussion surface again. I didn't know Raelene had sent her's over for everyone to take a look at.

Brad.
No, I sold her to Rachel, Brad.
Rachel mentioned in one of her posts that she would like one and I don't collect variations plus I already had an original Baseball Smurfette so I thought she'd appreciate it more :D

Plus someone on another board pissed me off with their comments about the Baseball Smurfette so at that stage I'd had enough of hearing about it :)

I'm looking forward to Rachel's report also 8)
You sold her, ahh I didn't know. cool. Another opinion on this smurfette will be great. She is excellent to have. I'm also not big on variations/fakes/markings etc but this one is definitely special. A few months back I saw one of those white raw fakes on ebay and I was tempted to try and add another different baseball smurfette to my collection but I didn't end up bidding in the end.

With all these baseball smurfette's on ebay at the moment, I agree with Gerda. This flood of smurfette's has been bringing the ending prices down on these as I've also noticed the low prices some are ending for. But I don't know how widely known it is about the fake baseball smurfette but this could also be putting some people off. The main difference in telling whether the smurfette is genuine or not is with the paint job to the hat. If you can't see the markings in an auction and they are not listed, and photo is too small, to compare look at the hat. Authentic purple hat is painted all the way down touching to her face... the fake hat isn't painted all the way down and will have a large gap of yellow hair.

yes, I remember that argument Raelene, ha. :banghead:

Brad.
Page 2 of 2

Login