Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby agent smurf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 am
I was going to say congratulations to Tojo and the others and
That is a surprise for me too. ... I must admit that apart from the grim reaper, witch & dracula I didn't really like them much.
but then :D I only have the three you mentioned yet. Anyway I'm not sure but they may still even have a few Grouchies in stock if you're lucky! Sorry for my English. :banghead:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:08 am
I suppose he didn't sell well because he was grouchy :)
Grouchy probably told them "I HATE being sold"
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:26 am
:haha:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:49 pm
The classic series was a bit of a let down imo anyway, as they just seemed to be near carbon copies of ones that came before...

But.... you gotta love Grouchy! :-D
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:34 pm
I wonder if the Halloween set was popular outside of the States. I know the Indian set is a typical American theme as well, but Indians are popular outside the US, I am not sure Halloween figures are :-? And they really didn't look very much like smurfs.

I bet the sales of them weren't that great, so they were dropped...and as it was already mentioned...those HK fakes didn't help it either. Weren't the Halloween smurfs the first one that had fakes coming out of HK (after the Easter smurfs a few years back) :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter
Page 2 of 2

Login