Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 5

Postby André » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:00 pm
I really feel like the odd one out again :)

I am very excited they are re-releasing some of the older smurfs...this time with new markings and as we know new paint (which changed from what they used 20 years ago).

I would guess that most of these won't stay long in production so the chances of them becoming rare variation are pretty good... :-D

Personally, I got so tired in the last few years with new molds that didn't even look like smurfs (Halloween, Indians, this year) that I love the fact, Schleich is going back to the basics.

A playset or two would be the icing on the cake :cheers:

I am with you Maureen,

I have also been a bit disappointed with the last years smurfs. And I actually don´t think they have been selling that good either. At least not in Sweden. And now when the movie and comics is released I think the old molds are perfect!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Lia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:36 pm
I fully agree with Maureen!
I didn`t like the smurfs from the past years at all ( horrible halloween and football smurfs). apart from the indian smurfette with baby and the horoscope twins.
It will be so nice to have a box, especially the first box, with new markings :D

Lia

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:38 pm
Classics are what I was hoping for too guys.. But simply re-releasing moulds is just a cop-out. That's nothing about nostalgia... That's just money.
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby bundleofkent » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm
I am with Azrael on this one guys....!! Very dull and unimaginative.....the French releases with the magazines were far superior in both number, scope and design.....I am not going to get them!!!

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:14 pm
I'm reserving judgement until I see them. At least we're getting new stuff and the boxes will be nice for the box collectors. :D

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:23 pm
They're not new though...that's my issue. Just feel cheated and I don't think that's too much for a lifetime collector to say.

Postby ThirstySmurf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:29 pm
It appears that Schleich is celebrating their 75th anniversary. It does make sense that they would release retrospective sets from over the years to commemorate. I would expect something new as well though.

Postby André » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 pm
I'm reserving judgement until I see them. At least we're getting new stuff and the boxes will be nice for the box collectors. :D

I think your words " at least we are getting new stuff" is a very good point!!! :D

Alan,

off course its about money. It is a company!! Everything is about money!!! :o :lol: Either they make money on the smurfs or they don´t make them at all?? :-?

I don´t think it is a coincidence that every year it gets less and less smurfs in the Schleichcatalogue. Schleich biggest sellers are the animals now. For example in 1995 catalogue they had 5 horses. This year they have over 50 horses. And this is only horses. It is almost the opposite with smurfs. Sadly but true, so let´s hope the movie and the comics change this. Fingers crossed. :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Lia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 pm
I can understand very well that it`s a disappointment that there will be no new smurfs.
But because I started to collect marking variations,I probably will like a box with the first smurfs in it, however I don`t hink ,I will buy all the boxes.
and yes André, you`re absolutely right about the animals!
I like to travel and in every foreign country,I look for smurfs. I usually can find them everywhere, but in the past year, i was in Latvia and Lithuania and no body knew the smurfs. That perhaps, is not such a big surprise, seen their history, but even in the only "toyshop" from poor Vilnius, they had a Schleich display.....with animals!

Lia

Postby Tracker Smurf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:14 pm
I like the idea of rereleasing classic smurfs... just wish they weren't in sets... gets a little rich for my blood trying to buy a box of smurfs instead of one at a time.... also not sure where I'll find them... the local toysrus is our source of smurfs and don't stock often

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm
Alan, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but the phrase "lifetime" collector made me chuckle.

I am a lifetime collector as well, and as one I am really glad for the re-release of the smurfs that I fell in love with during my childhood. Smurfs are first and foremost toys, and Schleich has never ever looked at them any other way. Call me nostalgic..but I do think that if children fall in love with smurfs again, it will be with the smurfs of my childhood and not some crazy randomn figures that Schleich has released in the last 10 years. I can even see parents (my generation) buy their kids the old smurfs again because they remind them of their childhood toys.

I know you were hoping for other figures taken out of the comic books, but Schleich has never really based any of their figures on the comic books (except for the obvious ones), so it would suprised me a lot to suddenly see some of them make an appearance.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bundleofkent » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:22 pm
But why didn't they do something new colour wise with the old molds?? papa/normal excluded.....eg a red apple ,a black cloak, different paint brush etc etc....Schleich only have to run ebay searches (which I am sure they do) to realise the amount of old collectors out there...cater to them as well as the new ones.....I can't imagine a kid not buying an apple because it's red and not green.....it makes you wonder who is in charge of marketing at Schleich. All in all this seems lazy and unimaginative- totally UNLIKE the Schleich pre 1986....

Schleicher- take notes!!!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:31 pm
But why didn't they do something new colour wise with the old molds?? papa/normal excluded.....eg a red apple ,a black cloak, different paint brush etc etc....Schleich only have to run ebay searches (which I am sure they do) to realise the amount of old collectors out there...cater to them as well as the new ones.....I can't imagine a kid not buying an apple because it's red and not green.....it makes you wonder who is in charge of marketing at Schleich. All in all this seems lazy and unimaginative- totally UNLIKE the Schleich pre 1986....

Schleicher- take notes!!!
I see your point, Martin...It would be nice to have new colors. But again, I don't think Schleich has ever considered collectors at all...hence why they have this awful record keeping.

A lot changed in 1986 for obvious reason, and I guess they've become more about making money, than taking a risk and trying a few things out. If they were interested in keeping the collector happy, they'd be releasing limited collectible items like Disney does.

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Lia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 pm
There you have a point Martin!
That`s what I like about the fakes, there is a lot of phantasy in them.
When I only think of all my different drums....

Lia

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm
It appears that Schleich is celebrating their 75th anniversary. It does make sense that they would release retrospective sets from over the years to commemorate. I would expect something new as well though.
Good catch, Thirsty :D

http://www.schleich-s.com/75games/?lang_id=en

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:58 pm
Who would buy 41248 unless there are someone really badly wanting 21245 but hate cats??? :o :lol:
Maybe someone who can't find 21245? :devilsmurf:
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:36 pm
I get the whole anniversary deal... It's like when they bring them out individually for the 25 year celebration.. I'm just upset that there are no new smurfs. Granted, they are never what I like, but re-releasing old moulds is just boring.

Sorry. Saying they're for kids is... Well... Kant that what the other 40 Smurfs are usually for?

Postby Pitufo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:21 pm
I don´t know if expalin what I feel in english, french or spanish!!!

I agree...at least we have something for buying, but...as martin says...why not soemthing different????You want to celebrate the 53 anniversary???Ok...but only a bit of imagination...anyway the smurfs must be painted, why not to change at least the colour of the painture???...spy with the cape in black, angry in purple, a red dress for ballerina etc etc
JOAQUÍN

Postby bradley » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:35 am
I'd be disappointed if there were no new smurfs for 2011. I like the idea of releasing old smurfs in sets like the American boxed ones but I'm not interested in marking variations so these old smurfs will be of no interest for me to buy next year unless they turn up somewhere to buy in Australia then I would be tempted to just grab them. There could be paint variations amongst these, we don't know yet. I do like that idea. A purple angry would be awesome!

These re-releases would have been perfect for the the actual 50th anniversary of the smurfs. It was disappointing that Schleich did nothing for the 50th apart from the years theme being 'party'. So re-releases would have been perfect then... but now with the smurf movie coming out.. well as long as this isn't all Schliech are releasing & hopefully there are still 8 new smurfs to come. We will have to wait & see. those sets only account for 25 smurfs.. so if they are cutting back to the golden 50 I would guess the 12 zodiac smurfs are still in production, add 8 new smurfs... hmm well that only leaves 5 more random smurfs. dont know. will wait & see.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:52 am
These re-releases would have been perfect for the the actual 50th anniversary of the smurfs. It was disappointing that Schleich did nothing for the 50th apart from the years theme being 'party'. So re-releases would have been perfect then... but now with the smurf movie coming out.. well as long as this isn't all Schliech are releasing & hopefully there are still 8 new smurfs to come. We will have to wait & see. those sets only account for 25 smurfs.. so if they are cutting back to the golden 50 I would guess the 12 zodiac smurfs are still in production, add 8 new smurfs... hmm well that only leaves 5 more random smurfs. dont know. will wait & see.

I second that. I love the boxes, but they should have been released at the 50th anniversary. :(
Page 2 of 5

Login