Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

Postby attombomb7 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:57 pm
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:53 am
Oh dear I think I started something that's got a mind of it's own now. Dutch Photocopiers....what next???

Linda

PS: Mr Bunno sure gives another meaning to "Going Dutch" on a date.

Postby JT » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:12 am
I don´t know about farts or Dutch, but I´ve seen some quite nice scanned smurfs and I´d like to try it. Pauli used scanner on smurfs and picture was way better than any of mine.

Janne

Postby Fram » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:48 am
I don't care about the mold numbers, so I don't know if I have a 0 or not, but I've read somewhere that the molds go from 1 to 12 (but I don't know where I read it of course :banghead: ). Has anyone ever seen a mold number above 4? I haven't, but then again, I rarely check...
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby JT » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:13 pm
Here is close up, which is actually far up :) :) :)
Picture is so out of focus that I wrote markings. Other picture shows which variation we are talking about.
ImageImage
Fram, 5 is highest number I´ve seen used as mold number. Then again I don´t usually look those either.

Janne

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:26 pm
he is so blurry!! but what a cute smurf he is!!! :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:43 pm
I've got a few smurfs with those "special" purple or black markings on them ;)

Linda

Postby JT » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:09 pm
I've got a few smurfs with those "special" purple or black markings on them ;)

Linda
Yes I´ve got few too. It´s cool that smurf makers put their signature on them. It makes figures priceless :) :) :)

Janne

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:49 am
Hi JT

I remember a discussion on mould numbers in the past and I thought from memory my Maccas smurfs had some really high numbers. I checked 2 of them and the Happy Meal smurf had (12) and the Big Mac smurf had (16)....I think some of the others had ones higher than (5) as well....possibly even higher than (16).

I also checked my drummers for a (0) but none of mine had anything below (1). I am sure at least one of mine had a (0) though.

I am still at loss to understand why the mold numbers mean nothing to collectors. I just can't believe that all of the different moulds would construct exactly the same shaped smurfs....there has to be differences between each mould even if only slightly....surely they would not all come out 100% exactly the same with the use of 5 or more different moulds.

Just my 1 cent....still can't afford to contribute 2 cents yet.

Dyar

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:22 am
It makes sense that the McDonalds Smurfs would have higher mould numbers, as they needed to make extremely high numbers of them in a very short time. So they necessarily had more moulds... :D
I have thought the same about the molds, that they had to be different, but I haven't been able to discern between one mould and the other visually yet. Perhaps in a few cases where there are variations in Smurfs, it would turn out that variation A is mould 1 while variation B is mould 2, 3 and 4? Like with different accordeonists or the different recent singers (I believe it was), the changes in position can be a different mould.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby JT » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:37 am
Andrew, I´ve noticed little difference between different molds. Mainly in colors, but some minor posing differences as well.

Janne

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:34 am
Thanks Fram & JT

I have so many variations now and a lot of them have the same markings but different mould numbers....I just think it would be impossible to recreate the exact same smurf with different moulds....there has to be inconsistencies and I am pretty certain that there are.....maybe the different mopuld numbers are not as useless as I used to think.

Dyar

Postby Oprime » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:34 am
I've got the same drummer so I scanned his bum :)
P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby JT » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:56 am
See? That´s what I meant by scanning smurfs. My pics are never that clear. You can even read his markings.

Janne

Postby pekkelien » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:53 pm
i have the lightning problem on my digicam so i need to use a webcam for pic :(

Postby JT » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:33 pm
Have you read Raresmurf´s tips for photographing? Daylight is best option.

Janne

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:48 pm
Rachel got me using those daylight bulbs and so now I can take pics any time of day without the flash switched off. I just have two lamps and a piece of card wrapped in silver foil to reflect the shadow, works a treat!

Postby pekkelien » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:44 am
Rachel got me using those daylight bulbs and so now I can take pics any time of day without the flash switched off. I just have two lamps and a piece of card wrapped in silver foil to reflect the shadow, works a treat!
thanks i tried at daylight but i can ownly have great pictures outsite so not at my collection or pc

Postby pekkelien » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:44 am
I've got the same drummer so I scanned his bum :)

P
got the same

Postby Rachel » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:28 am
I am still at loss to understand why the mold numbers mean nothing to collectors. I just can't believe that all of the different moulds would construct exactly the same shaped smurfs....there has to be differences between each mould even if only slightly....surely they would not all come out 100% exactly the same with the use of 5 or more different moulds.
I totally agree with you Dyar, personally though I decided to draw the line at mold numbers as things were already getting out of control. Maybe when I get my smurfs out again when I finally get a smurf room I will have a rethink about the mold numbers and see what I have and haven't got.
I've got the same drummer so I scanned his bum
Quote of the week there I think Pauli, had me laughing for quite a while! :sofunny:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 2 of 3

Login