Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 4

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:43 pm
Christy,
your village looks wonderful.......I have been eyeing them for a while now, but never seen the complete village.......

Stace...don't add me to your list...you haven't convinced me..it was Christy who has convinced me now to start my own village.... :) :) :)

Maybe I can start my collection around the end of March :D might save me some shipping costs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stace, thank you so much for sending me the lists though :-D

Maxine, I think the pixies are a bit more expensive than the normal smurfs...from what I have seen...but they look like they are worth it :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Michelle » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:48 pm
Hi everyone,

The first set of pixi is an other size.
So if you want to collect the village don't buy the first serial. They don't fit in.
If I have some time left this week I'll look for more information.

Michelle

Postby JimEII » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:13 pm
Adding up what Colleen has in stock at Buffalo Road Imports, it would cost $1,310.00 USD or approximately 1,735.00 Euros. So if it is a complete set, I believe it would be a fair price. But that's not to say that Colleen has all the sets for sale, so it may even be a bargain, depending on what's being offered.

Isn't the Pixi Band Set an additional set from the originals for instance?

Jim II

Postby oli Smurf » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:54 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :) and Thanks for pics Christy!
:D

Boston imports is where I ordered mine from. Can anyone tell me when these first came out and whats with the first series size difference?

Thanks again! Oh, and I'll be sure to post pics as my pixi collection grows! :joy:

Postby Tojo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:54 pm
:welcome: Oli!! Great to hear from you & it would be cool to see your photos. I must admit that the pixis are out of my price class but they do look really nice don't they :cheers:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby oli Smurf » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:52 pm
Yeah, they are pretty expensive. I don't have any yet so my Smurf collection only consists of the 2005 classic figs. I'd like to collect all the origional characters from the cartoon but thats about it. I don't think I'll collect all the variations in smurfs. So far those and the Pixi's will be all but hey, you never know.

Postby Syd Smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:59 am
I don't think I'll collect all the variations in smurfs.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I, among many here also once said that

We will hold you to that now Oli

Dyar

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:15 pm
The first set of pixi is an other size.
So if you want to collect the village don't buy the first serial. They don't fit in.
If I have some time left this week I'll look for more information.
I learned this in Belgium from Michelle...I never knew before then :)

Here is a pic comparing the first series to the village series (first is on the left, village on the right):

And this is all I have of the village so far (before my band set win last week that is!):

And Gerda, I think the green base is about 15-16 inches across, so not very big at all.

Oli, if you want to see more pixi pics, go to this threadon page 2 and scroll down near the bottom. :cheers:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:17 pm
Oh and how many sets are there in a complete set?
G, I have my list at home, I will let you know how many in each set :cheers:

Postby Yonna » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:07 pm
Hello , i have a picture of the complete mini pixi village !!!
It looks fabulous!! I fell in love with these last year in the Passion. These were sold in one shop in Brussels. I just kept going back to that shop just to look at these!!! :smitten:
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Gerda » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:39 pm
Oh and how many sets are there in a complete set?
G, I have my list at home, I will let you know how many in each set :cheers:
thanks!! I'm going to measure out some spots in my house now to see where the best place to put this... (see in my thinking, once I have a spot picked out on where I want to put something I can visualize it being there and I am hooked.. also I can't then have an empty spot in my house for long) :) :)

Can I have the list that goes with the village? I will start with that first!!
Robert is going to kill me :???: :???: :???:

Gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:44 pm
I'll email it to you tonight, Gerda....and ahem, since Robert knows this is my fault, I better not ever come to Wisconsin, huh?? :)

Postby Gerda » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:45 pm
I'll email it to you tonight, Gerda....and ahem, since Robert knows this is my fault, I better not ever come to Wisconsin, huh?? :)
You can come.. I'll just send Robert away for awhile until he gets over me buying smurfs.... something tells me I wont see him for quite some time!!! :) :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:51 pm
You can come.. I'll just send Robert away for awhile until he gets over me buying smurfs.... something tells me I wont see him for quite some time!!! :) :) :)
:woohoo: Party at Gerda's house! :woohoo: Can I ride in the smurfmobile too while Robert is away? :smile:

Postby Gerda » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:01 pm
you may certainly ride in the smurf mobile, there is plenty of room!! I have some wine too left over from Christmas so we should have a great time!! :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Rachel » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:37 pm
Thanks for all the info on the Pixi smurfs guys. :thanks2:

I for one didn't know about the two sizes so I will watch out for that in the future. :-D
thanks!! I'm going to measure out some spots in my house now to see where the best place to put this... (see in my thinking, once I have a spot picked out on where I want to put something I can visualize it being there and I am hooked.. also I can't then have an empty spot in my house for long)
I love your thinking Gerda. :adore:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:49 pm
Hi Christy and Stace. Your pixie sets are gorgeous. Ive never really seen it before so thanks both for posting the pictures so we can see them. I would love to collect these sets. They are lovely. Im drooling all over my keyboard now :D Lucie

Postby eggie smurf » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:02 pm
I hope you have a waterproof keyboard then, Luciefer :yikes: I can thank David for getting me hooked on Pixis....so I thought I'd return the favour to you all :)

If anyone wants my excel list with pics, just PM me your email address and I'll send it through :cheers:

Postby XoioX2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:39 pm
Hi Oli! Welcome to the forum and thanks for getting us started talking on the pixies: I love them!!!
Isn't the Pixi Band Set an additional set from the originals for instance?
I believe so: It was released much more recently compared to the rest of the village...

It was the last piece I needed to complete my set... and bought it in December...as a gift to me self... :):) Sort of had to really! :):):)

I am confused about the price though: 1130 USD is about 1000 Euros so I would say that 1750 Euros is rather a big mark up... Does it include the band set and the Peewit set as well? (as I don't think the pixi is part of the villlage) Or maybe even the Johan too, which is really really nice...

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby aussiesmurfer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:07 pm
I'm sure its been mentioned before but what are the pixis made of?
Trish :wave2:
Page 2 of 4

Login