Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 2

Postby Gerda » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:45 pm
I orderd garden cottage (with green roof), handymans' cottage (blue roof), and smurfs on teeter totter. Today I received my baby smurf on blanket, and yesterday I got the gargy with little smurfs, smurf behind back, papa smurf, and smurfette. 8 sets in one week... I'm toast!!! But I'll die happy :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:47 pm
Ooooooh, all very lovely!! I agree - you'll die happy :) :woohoo:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:48 pm
That's a great haul in one week Gerda :D

Remember you can always claim smurf asylum on this board :) :)

:-D :beer:

Postby Gerda » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:50 pm
That's a great haul in one week Gerda :D

Remember you can always claim smurf asylum on this board :) :)

Yeah.. too bad I wont be able to access this board if my power gets shut off. :) :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Yeah.. too bad I wont be able to access this board if my power gets shut off. :) :)
But you at least have the Pixis to play with...all you need is candle light for that :smile: How romantic :smitten:

Postby Gerda » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:53 pm
Good thing I got new glasses... those pixi's will be hard to see by candle light.. it's also a good thing they are metal.. that way they wont burn so easily incase Robert gets any ideas :)

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:56 pm
So tell me Stace, to trap Mosey, maybe Pixi smurfs and candle light will do the trick ? :smitten:

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:59 pm
So tell me Stace, to trap Mosey, maybe Pixi smurfs and candle light will do the trick ? :smitten:
Make sure you're sitting on a blanket in the prairie...of course, Pa might be watching with a shotgun :rolling:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:01 pm
:yikes:

Damn ! Another plan foiled ! I aint arguing with Pa ! :sillyme:

Postby Gerda » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 pm
:yikes:

not even for pixi's? just make sure your wearing your bullet proof vest!!

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby eggie smurf » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 pm
Maybe you should stop running your Mosey plans past me then :sofunny: First the keyboard plan, now this one :sofunny:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:05 pm
Good idea Fishy ! Now to think of another way :) :)

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:26 am
This set is so nice!! I love the details such as the lanterns & the way the one smurf is standing on a toadstool. It would be fun to be one of the painters for the Pixis - I'd keep some raws & paint them different colours the way I wanted just for myself
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:32 am
I love the details such as the lanterns & the way the one smurf is standing on a toadstool.
Oh yes, the details are incredible on something that small :) I can't imagine painting these though...I think mine would all turn out one color only :-?

And Jason was able to glue the broken pieces - good as new now :smile: The band set has been placed with their friends in the village now.

Postby XoioX2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:34 am
Staci: Well done!!!!! :):):)

I have checked with my set and I can confirm your set is complete.

Just to let you know stairs do not come attached to the stage: they are loose. I was trying to see on your pic which bits are broken, but can't be quite sure which one they are... Are you sure you have broken bits?

Cheers,

David
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:39 am
... Are you sure you have broken bits?
Definitely...the sign is broken off the little base and the piece with the lanterns is broken off the band set...I was able to prop everything up when I took a pic so you wouldn't notice them :D Thanks for the confirmation too :smile:

Postby Tojo » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:42 am
I can't imagine painting these though...I think mine would all turn out one color only :-?

And Jason was able to glue the broken pieces - good as new now :smile: The band set has been placed with their friends in the village now.
Actually painting small figures isn't all that difficult from my experience of painting wargames figures. There are a few very important rules to follow though:-
1 Make sure the dog is asleep
2 Make sure the children have brushed their teeth & gone to bed.
3 Lock them in their bedrooms :)

The above points are important in order to keep the bloodpressure from going off the scale with the result that the painting hand is completely out of control :aargh:

4 Don't drink liquor- stick to beer only!!
5 use small (00) paintbrushes

I'm glad that Jason could mend everything for you. Now the smurfies have got some musical entertainment :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby eggie smurf » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:47 am
Actually painting small figures isn't all that difficult from my experience of painting wargames figures.
I love your rules, Tojo!! Jason actually paints war figures too...and he even said how small the pixis are in comparison. :) :)
Page 2 of 2

Login