Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

How Complete Is Your Collection?

Complete collection of regular, super and special series smurfs.
28%
Complete collection of regular and super smurfs.
13%
Complete collection of regular smurfs.
2%
Getting close to completing, less that 10 to go.
13%
No where near completing but will get there one day.
34%
Not intending to ever complete the collection but I love the smurfs I have.
11%
Total votes : 47

Postby Margaret » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:33 am
I still have a lot to go 100 regulars most are the newer ones The only hard one to get the green cone . I think the rest I need are pretty common .& 10 supers

I do have alot of promos , and other toys

Postby Simon X » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:18 pm
I chose the fifth option...
I am missing 22 (?) normals (counting the smurfs who are already bought but not given to me -> Waiting for Decembre and my next Advent Calendar ;) ).
And I still need 18 (?) supers (with boxes)...But the normals and supers are becoming more and more expensive. :???:
From the specials I need the valuable Xmas-smurfs and Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Edison...;)
Perhaps I will complete them...Let's see whtether I'll still collect them in 5 years... :)

Postby southernyacht » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:06 pm
Although I've been collecting for years - I've never thought about 'completing' the set.......... until I started visiting smurf fairs.

Now I'm on a mission to get them all!!! :bolt:
Cathy x :cat:

Postby Pitufo » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:03 pm
I think I have a good collection, but counting some promos, markings variations, sockels and even fake smurfs...I need about 12000 smurfs!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby steveparkes » Tue May 01, 2007 8:40 am
Steve, with a collection like yours with so many lovely promos and your fantatsic SCCI smurfs, I really wouldn't worry too much. I for one certainly have a great respect for the way you have built your collection, very sensible indeed. :grinning:
Cheers Rachel :hug:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby JT » Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 am
Not intending to ever complete the collection but I love the smurfs I have.

I made myself a little promise when I started to collect Smurfs. I´ll try to get as many different ones as I possibly can. Without spending loads of money on them.
Well, I have spend lot of money on my smurfs, but stille refuse to pay too much :)

Supersmurfs are just bonus to me. I never dream of getting all of them, either :lol:

JT

Postby baboune » Wed May 02, 2007 2:22 pm
Hi,

For myself, I feel I'm getting close with about 30 regulars & 10 super smurfs to get. However if there is one thing I learned about this hobby is to be patient. It would be easy to spot the missing ones on EBAY or elsewhere and bid on them till I'm win them, but I find it much more fun to try to get the missing ones via trades with other collectors.

Obviously it takes longer time to find the perfect match between two collectors, but I'm getting there....and the feeling is really great when you're able to get some missing figures without digging in your pockets. It makes two collectors happy without spending money aside the shipping costs! it's just great!

Also the great thing with trades is that you never know when you'll have the possibility of getting one rarer figure...... Just last week I was able to get a nice praying smurf via a trade with a reputable collector.... About two years ago I was able to get a Fix & Foxi smurf via a super trade. Can you believe this?.... you'll have to because I have it! :-D

I always try to get a nice lot of trading stuff just in case someone offers me something I need, so I have some nice smurfy stuff to offer in exchange....

Also, when I began collecting Smurfs I told myself to limit my searches to figures only, but it didn't took long that I couldn't resist when I saw all the nice smurfy stuff that was available out there..... So while I'm always looking to complete my regular & SUPER sets, I don't hesitate when I have the chance to pick up other nice stuff (ceramics, cups, toys, smurfagrams, etc...).

This is the great thing with Smurfs collecting, there is always something new & different to add to your collection so I have always to keep my eyes open... just in case....

I don't want to bore you anymore with my thoughts about my Smurfs collection, so I'll stop here... :D Man I could go on & on with this! :banghead:

Smurfy regards! :beer:

Daniel

Postby Rachel » Wed May 02, 2007 3:00 pm
Hi Daniel, it is lovely hearing some of your thoughts about collecting and trading. Not boring at all. :-D

I agree, it is always nice to set up a trade. I have had some great trades in the past although your trades for the praying and Fix & Foxi smurfs are hard to beat. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Gerda » Thu May 03, 2007 6:08 am
Daniel, it is easy to stray into non pvc items with so much out there so don't feel bad.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu May 03, 2007 7:19 am
Hi Daniel,

please don't feel bad. There are thousands upon thousands very interesting non-pvc items as well, some of them ended being in my collection,too. :)

Postby Margaret » Thu May 03, 2007 7:37 am
I have to agree with Daniel it is a lot more fun to trade smurfs then just finding them on ebay !!
I have also traded with a lot of people that I either met through ebay ( that is how I met Linda )
Or smurf forums .

I also have traded with Daniel and received a lot of smurfs that I need for my collection .
I hope your enjoying your praying smurf ;) and other smurfy trades !!

:cheers:
Margaret

Postby Oprime » Thu May 03, 2007 9:44 am
...However if there is one thing I learned about this hobby is to be patient. It would be easy to spot the missing ones on EBAY or elsewhere and bid on them till I'm win them, but I find it much more fun to try to get the missing ones via trades with other collectors.

Obviously it takes longer time to find the perfect match between two collectors, but I'm getting there....and the feeling is really great when you're able to get some missing figures without digging in your pockets. It makes two collectors happy without spending money aside the shipping costs! it's just great!
I agree 100%. This is exactly what I'm trying to do! But as you said, sometimes it is painfully slow :cheers:

P
SCU Finland>>Smurfs display
Ei leiki, ei pelleile!

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu May 03, 2007 4:54 pm
I have gotten very side tracked lately with all the good non pvc smurfy items I bought and I am buying :) :) :)

Not to mention all the variations and promos and sockels :D

However, I have taken a huuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeee step into completing my basic collection last night......by buying one of the two surprise cone smurfs I still need.....I think I need a few of the Easter variations, too...but I will check into that....I am not in a big hurry to complete the collection just now as collecting is just fun....but I was very excited last night :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Thu May 03, 2007 5:10 pm
Good luck on getting that last cone Mosey ! :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Rachel » Fri May 04, 2007 9:30 am
Excellent news Maureen, that is a great smurf off the wanted list. :cheers:

Postby Margaret » Fri May 04, 2007 2:02 pm
Maureen what one of the cones do you still need ?

:cheers:
margaret

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri May 04, 2007 3:57 pm
Hi Margaret,
I still need the green/golden cone surprise smurf :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Cool Smurf » Mon May 14, 2007 10:03 am
I have about forty-something Smurfs, but I'm really glad that I found them. 8)
Robin, you dog, you- Vanity "The Adventures of Robin Smurf"

Postby baboune » Tue May 15, 2007 9:55 am
Hi gang!

Well I've done some sorting in my collection and I have still 17 figures (including 3 christmas ornaments) to complete my regular set. Obviously there are a few high value figures to get, but also some not too pricy so I still have hope to reduce this list in the near future...

:? In case somebody might be able to help me I leave you the list of those elusive 17.... Here they are:

20186 - smurfette baseball
20195 - graduation - #1 grad
20210 - smurfette golfer
20220 - pink cone
20221 - gold cone
20406 - pink bunny
20409 - patriot
20419 - boxer (red gloves)
20422 - smurf eating berries
20425 - Gargamel
20426 - schoolboy
20427 - caveman smurf
20433 - smurfette jockey
20459 - smurf with photo frame
51908 - xmas ornament - drum player
51910 - xmas ornament - praying smurfette
51906 - xmas ornament - christmas wreath

The chase is on! :-D

Smurfy regards from Canada! :-D

Daniel :D

Postby Rachel » Tue May 15, 2007 11:23 am
That is not bad at all Daniel. :-D

I have just had a quick check as I thought I might have had one of your missing smurfs but unfortunately not. Sorry. :D
Page 2 of 3

Login