Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 3 of 5

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:17 am
I sure hope the angry smurf is purple when he comes to America... my daughter is obessed with the purple smurf story in the comic (I've read it about 15 times to her since it came out in August)... I came home from work and she was going GNAP GNAP yesterday. I think though she would recognize the smurf even if he was black. SHe'll just ask why he isn't purple. :D
Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:53 am
Thanks Thirsty for enlighting us about the anniversary of Schleich.
I just came across their special anniversary book and thought about ordering it. Has anyone of you already got that book?
http://www.schleich-s.com/75book/?lang_id=en

Postby Lia » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 am
Since I received the pictures from 3 different persons/ dealers etc, I assume, I can show them?

well, here they are.
Attachments
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 60-69.jpg
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 60-69.jpg (52.6 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

2e
Attachments
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 70-79.jpg
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 70-79.jpg (52.24 KiB) Viewed 3460 times

3e
Attachments
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 80-89.jpg
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 80-89.jpg (51.02 KiB) Viewed 3458 times

Postby Lia » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 am
4e
Attachments
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 90-99.jpg
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 90-99.jpg (51.18 KiB) Viewed 3457 times

Postby Lia » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 am
5e
Attachments
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 00-09.jpg
Schl-Neuheiten 2011 00-09.jpg (55.26 KiB) Viewed 3456 times

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:11 am
Thanks for posting, Lia. :D

Btw. guys: I was just wondering how the values of some of the elderly figurines will be affected by the re-release? I know that Angry used to be valuable, but since he's one of the re-releases, I think that his value is going to drop. What's your opinion on that topic? :-? :?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 am
I was actually thinking the same about the apple..and I am also wondering if the apple will be attached or still be loose.
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby angelsmurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:13 am
The latest news I have - it seems there will be NO new smurf characters for 2011 :angry: :banghead: :x

Poor Schleich, no creativity, no wealth of ideas - just boring , dull and unimaginative

but on the other hand, maybe a reason that we get no new smurfs is IMPS and the artists there? No new good sketches and drawings for Schleich - no new molds ?? :-?
though I smurf in the darkest valley I have no fear.
cause in this valley I could be the smurfiest!

keep on smurfin'
angelsmurf

Postby SmurfingH » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 pm
You're kidding? That does not please me at all! :angry:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 pm
Any idea which smurfs are being discontinued?

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Azrael » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:11 pm
Incidentally.. Why did 'lifetime collector' make you chuckle, Maureen?
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:36 pm
I do like these, especially now that we can see them. Still would be nice to see some new individual smurfs.

Postby André » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:02 pm
I sure hope the angry smurf is purple when he comes to America... my daughter is obessed with the purple smurf story in the comic (I've read it about 15 times to her since it came out in August)... I came home from work and she was going GNAP GNAP yesterday. I think though she would recognize the smurf even if he was black. SHe'll just ask why he isn't purple. :D
My daughters like them too. In Sweden 15 comics were sold and they started reading 1 and then all the way to 15. Then started reading them again and again. They did this for about 2 years. Now only my youngest daughter read them sometimes. I don't know now many times they have read them. :)

Maybe it is a Peyo or IMPS issue if they wants to change the colours.?

I think the SCCI letters told us about some issues with not correct colours compared with the comics? But since they sell a book with a purple angry this should not be a problem?? :-?
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm
Incidentally.. Why did 'lifetime collector' make you chuckle, Maureen?
Sent you a pm, Alan :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Tojo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 pm
I read this post last night & had a good think about it before making any comments.

From Schleich's point of view it makes perfect sense. The molds already exist, the figures can be cheaply produced in China, they're colourful & I reckon kids will love them.

Packaging then in boxes like that makes them ideal gifts for xmas or birthdays & the kids then have a few smurfies which they can then play with.

Commercially it's a great idea & I hope that Schleich has success with it (more income means more chance of new smurfs in the future).

Of course for us collectors it's not so good :-? The only thing we get is new packaging, smurfs with different markings & reproductions of smurfs which we may only have with rubs or in played-with condition.

I would have liked some colour variants but I expect that Schleich wanted to produce them in the same colours as they were originally released.

I'm not happy about this release but I shall get the sets anyway.

Let's hope that they do something better for 2012 :beer:
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Tracker Smurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:10 pm
Hmm.. with the comment on the fao schwarz contest in the movie section it sure sounds like schleich has a lot to give away as prizes... are we sure they don't have more up their sleaves like single rereleases?

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:18 pm
These do not impress me at all. It is good that there will be new markings on old smurfs but they couldn't have come up with more creative packaging than the boring boxes they already used earlier in the fall? Of course I will buy them and actually have to get two of each so that I can remove a set to look at the markings and leave the other untouched. Also it's way overpriced for 5 smurfs in a blah box :???:
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:29 am
The latest news I have - it seems there will be NO new smurf characters for 2011 :angry: :banghead: :x
That is just terrible. :???: :( I hope that it doesn't turn out bad, but the more I read it, the more I fear that our cherished cuties might be discontinued any sooner or later. :( :( :( :( Btw. I'm not fond of the last set. You know, I love to see the footballers again, but why didn't Schleich mix the smurfs properly? E.g. they might have use one smurf from the marching band (e.g. Papa Conductor), one from the professions and hobby series, (e.g. New Carpenter), one from the classic series (e.g. Smurfette), one from the football series (e.g. Benchwarmer) and last, but not least, one from the Native series (e.g. Medicine Man).
Page 3 of 5

Login