Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby FlamingO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:06 pm
Hello :hiya:

I have bought so few smurfs this year that I was really happy when I came across this rocking horse smurf today :-D ( and in the UK too, where it is normally all shivers and mechanics smurfs :crazy: )

He has an almost transparent bridle (is this the right bit :-? ) but with a very feint tint of yellow. I am sure I have seen it somewhere before but can't remember where, but maybe I am thinking of an elastic band one :???: I photo'ed it against my original one for comparison :D

For admin please: I am so sorry, I have re-sized this so that in Adobe I can barely see it, it is so wee, but when I put it in here it is huge again :shock:

Postby FlamingO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:40 pm
WoooHooo!! :woohoo: That is a sweet sized picture. I keep a pair of binoculars handy for just such an occasion :-D

Me + Pc's = :sad: But guess I got part way there :-? :gaga:

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:45 pm
:) :) :) :) :)

It's pretty good :-D

Interesting to see the bridle...I wonder if there is a variation out like this :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby steveparkes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:26 pm
Hmm, I couldn't say for sure if this an offical variation..I do have the elastic band variation..which is just that, a red elastic band instead of the plastic bridle..sorry I can't help futher :-?
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SA Smurfette » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:47 pm
I've never seen it before , Sue :no:

Not that that means anything :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Rachel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:14 pm
Hi Sue, I don't think I have seen one like this before. :D

Is there any chance that it could just be faded?
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby FlamingO » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:08 pm
Hi Rachel, I don't think it is faded. Only because the colour is the same throughout even at the back near the bottom (I haven't dared pull the bits out his mouth in case I stretch or break it :scared: ). Plus when I say it's kind of transparent I mean you can actually see through it, not clearly, but enough to define different colours behind it. I added a bigger pic. as I completely skewed up the first one :oops: :)

Postby eggie smurf » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:25 pm
That's a much better view, Sue....not sure what type I have as I haven't finished cataloguing my supers yet.
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Tojo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:56 pm
That's an interesting variation Sue. I wonder if it was a manufacturing mistake & there was not enough pigment added to the plastic. Whatever, it's a nice find :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:29 pm
Hi Sue, Thanks for the bigger picture, I can see what you mean now. :-D

Very interesting indeed. Like Stace, I need to go through my supers but it is lovely seeing this different one.

Good theory Tojo. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login