Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:43 pm
It is pretty common knowledge, that Ms Brain (aka Moey aka Maureen) used to throw the super smurf boxes away..before she sold them...before she actually started to collect them :banghead: :banghead:

Anyway...as I am getting ready to sort thru and take pictures of my supersmurfs, I thought it would be nice to put the correct smurf with the correct box. I know it is very easy to get them mixed up though and I was wondering if anybody knows the answer to this world shattering question

Which smurf marking goes with which box?

For example, do all W. Germany supers go with the German boxes, and all HongKong markings go with the English boxes?
I bought quite a few empty boxes, when I tried to make up for my mistake from years ago (see above) so the answer.."Just leave them in the box in which they came in"...well...in this case it won't work :o
I am pretty sure I know which smurfs go with the applause markings, especially since I bought them together but as to the others, I am clueless...or is there even a way to know the answer? :-?

:? :? :? :? :?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 am
ohhh Maureen, I know that...

You can take a look at my super smurfs . If there is a box pictured with the smurf then this smurfs came in this box...

But overall..this thing with the boxea is very confusing

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:58 am
Moey I've done the same thing in the past. :banghead: The only boxes I've got from years ago are 2 of my brother's and they're in pretty poor shape. Now I'm older and wiser I am keeping the boxes but I couldn't begin to answer your question. :-?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:21 pm
Thanks Tine..I will have a look :-D

Did you buy them like this on ebay or in stores? The reason I am asking is that when I sold on ebay, I sometimes put the supersmurfs in a box that I didn't buy them in ...so I probably stuck the incorrect marking in the incorrect box..and I probably have lost half the forum with my thought process now

Am I being too anal in this case? :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 pm
Ok....Maureen...
you are right. There are a lot of boxes coming from ebay so you can never be absolutely sure.
So take it as hint what it could be :)

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:02 am
Hi Moey, I am pretty sure that it isn't quite as clear cut as W Germany smurfs in German boxes and Hong Kong smurfs in English boxes. I am sure I have heard of different smurfs in different boxes bought from new. Plus, when you think about how easy it could be to mix them up I really don't know if there is a definitive list. :D

This is going to be one of only a couple regrets that I have about giving up, I never got around to updating all of our supers and playsets. :???:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Page 1 of 1

Login