Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:57 am
Ok, so as you may be aware, I hardly post any of my collection or finds on here. One reason is cos that I have moved recently and I'm still building the room up to look good... and the other is, cos of the recent TV stuff I don;t want to promote it too much.... BUT...

About three years ago I found this original Hand Painted Hannah Barbara Smurf background. It came with no smurf, but seeing as how it looked SO lovely I thought, "Hey, its a nice thing to have in my room"...

www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 am
Anyway, So a year later I find this little Lazy Smurf original Cell on ebay for 20 dollars. It came with a black and white underprint and I thought...

"Well, it won't fit on the bed, but it will still look cool laying on the mat"!

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:06 am
And now...... :-D

Last month I found this on ebay for TWELVE dollars! Nobody had bid on it and I thought...

"Hell, I hope that fits on the bed!"

Now, If you look close you will notice that the bottom of his covers are a straight, diagonal line, so I knew It may look odd on the bed, as the bottom of the bed (see pic one) has a wooden board.. but.....

WHEN IT ARRIVED, I NOTICED THAT THE BOTTOM HEAD BOARD WAS REMOVABLE!!! It was a cell on it's own!! I never noticed before... SO....

Drum roll...

Postby Azrael » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:11 am
TA DAAAAAA!!!!!

:-D :-D :D

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF FINDING THIS!?!

If you know animation, then you know how rare it is to find cell that DIRECTLY matches a background! Especially since the cells run at 7 frames a second for twenty minutes for 311 episodes!

I am SOOOO happy! :cheers:

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:20 am
Oh wow Al! That looks really cool! :-D Lucky, lucky you! :)

Postby steveparkes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:11 am
Wow, what an amazing coincidence I bet you were jumping for joy Alan :cheers:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 am
Wow Al!!!! :shock: :cheers: :-D

Chances are very unlikely to get the cells arranged in such a neatly order. I love it. :smitten:

Congratulations!!! :-D

I'm very happy for you, mate. :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:15 am
:-D :-D Awsome, you not only lucky, you have an eye for it. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Gerda » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:40 am
Those are so cool. I can understand your excitment and a real bargain too. Pretty soon you can make up your own mini movie with all those cells, :-D

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:32 pm
What a find!!.. :D
Its like one of those crime scene investigation type dramas that has the twist at the end revealing Papa smurf has been sleeping with Lazy Smurf! The evidence is conclusive and the lengths he went to to cover it up too! Yet only a few weeks ago it was revealed that Papa smurf was stalking Smurfette. It seem sthat Papa Smurfs dirty little secrets are all coming to light now. Its always the quiet ones you have to watch! :cool:

Hard news hits here first! 8)
Page 1 of 1

Login