Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby nperasmus » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:27 pm
Hi
I recently bought this item on Ebay. It was listed as a smurf toy store display made in Portugal in 1977. I remember seeing one just like it in South Africa. Does anymone know anymore about this item? Does anyone remember seeing a toy display like it?

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:29 pm
Hi,
I haven't seen one like it before (except when this one was on ebay) but I absolutly love it.

Is everything glued together or are those loose parts that you can put together any way you like it?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:16 am
This is a great display, never seen one before tho :D

:-D :beer:

Postby SmurfingH » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:36 am
I saw it on ebay too and I love it! :-D :-D

Postby Yonna » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 am
Never seen this before! WOW! :shock:

Looks like the farm house is cut in half. Are the parts glued to the walls?
Go ahead! Smurf my day!

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:50 am
Oh wow!!! :smitten: Congratulations nperasmus. :D

Postby Cassiebsg » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:18 am
It's a lovely display, and where it came from is a much as a mistery to me as to you... I doubt however that the given date is correct. Since there's a lot of smurfs that were first issued in the 80's...

Unless the display - houses and backgorund was made in 77, and then they added/changed the figures along the years.
I'm no expert on the houses, but was there a pink house in 77?? :-?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:31 am
I saw that too on ebay but I suspect it is simply homemade. This not a typical Schleich display... :-?
Postby nperasmus » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:44 am
So all the items are screwed down in position and cannot be moved. It's very solid. I saw ono like it in South Africa when I was growing up. It was made in Portugal and all of the smurfs weem to be Prtugese variations. I agree it is probabl;y not 1977. More like early 1980's. I get the feeling that when Scheich handed over production of some smurfs in the 1980's, that Portugal also made a few of these.

There are little electirc lights in the lanterns and the rotating turtables roatate making it look like the smurfs are running. I intend to post a vide of it moving on You Tube in the next few months.

Postby steveparkes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:37 am
Nice display, I've never seen one before either..just one question. Why have they used a green roof on a smurfette cottage? It should be pink. :-?
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Dutchiesmurf » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:26 pm
It should be pink. :-?
Lilac actually :lol:

Postby steveparkes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:46 pm
:haha: lilac and pink actually :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:34 am
It should be pink. :-?
Lilac actually :lol:

Sure, but hey isn't it a great inspiration, when it comes to create a display of one's own? :D
Postby nperasmus » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:25 am
I have no idea why the pink cottage has a green roof. I intent to correct that problem. It will be hard to get the roof off as everything is bolted down. Including the roofs.
Postby nperasmus » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:28 am
I thought I would mention that when the display is turned on, there is a tennis ball that bounces between the tennis players in the foreground. If you look carefully you can see it. The policeman cop is on the rotator and he follows the ball back and forth too.

Postby steveparkes » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:28 am
Wow..I'd love to see it in action..I bet it looks really great :cheers:

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:14 am
That is a lovely display nperasmus :D

A really nice piece to add to your collection :D

Dyar
Page 1 of 1

Login