Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:15 pm
Hi folks

I have a question or two regarding the Plastoy series of smurfs. :?

I am now the proud owner of thirteen Plastoy smurfs which I understand is the current set, but are they still making these or were they limited in production numbers? Also will there be any new varieties (like clumsy, greedy, baker, astro etc)?

Because I have just got them they are stored away in boxes and I'm thinking of how I can display them, naturally if the set is to grow this needs to be taken in to consideration. :-?

Thanks in anticipation
Daryl

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:55 pm
Daryl,
from what I know they no longer make them.

I think there are 13 of them made in two different series, so you probably have the complete set :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:46 pm
It's probably as well for our pockets that there aren't any more, but I think it's a shame. :( I love these! Only 2 so far but I will get them all eventually!! :-D :-D

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:35 pm
Cool thanks for that... releasing them in series makes sense, if they were to do another series, then I guess they would make 6 more (Thinking cabinet size here...) I might keep my ear to the ground in case they do.

Given the interest in smurfs this year and hopefully when the movies get released, I'd say every man and his smurf will be attempt to produce such smurfy items. :-?

Postby bradley » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 pm
I finally completed my set of plastoys a few months back. They are a great set and display really well. Heres how I've set mine up in my cabinets:

It would be great if they were to make another series but I don't think that will happen. I do feel though that a few of the smurfs they did make were odd choices (shy, earache, laughing) I would have replaced these with smurfs like cook, handy etc..

Brad.

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 am
Looking good, Brad :-D

Congralutions on finishing the set :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Azrael » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:36 am
I'm glad they made ones that were comic-book based rather than TV show..

I'd love a big Azrael! Or a Jokey with box!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby SmurfingH » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:44 am
Great display Brad! :-D

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:58 am
Nice display Brad. Yes it has been a while since the last series, so you're probably right regarding not likely to be any more. Pity though, they are really nicely detailed and designed smurfs. :-D

Postby attombomb7 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:28 am
great collection and nice display!

lucky!!!! to own them all! :D
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)
Page 1 of 1

Login